bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
mrkleen09
Matty
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rondo suspended 2 games.. Empty rondo suspended 2 games..

Post by Matty Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224727/Rondo_Receives_Two_Game_Suspension

Nice. scratch
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

rondo suspended 2 games.. Empty Re: rondo suspended 2 games..

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Player A along with his teammates are chippy all night, eventually committing a hard foul one of the other team's star players.
Player B stands up for his teammate and a fight ensues.

Player A - NO suspension.
Player B - receives 2 game suspension

Yet another example of the corrupt NBA.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:43 pm

We're fortunate they didn't make it 3 games, which they could have.

Rondo's got to be smarter. We need him on the floor and this is three times in 2 seasons he's taken himself out, including once in the playoffs.

Dumb move Rajon.

Time to cut the crap, step up and act like a leader.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 am

in the heat of the game I might have smacked Humphries too, you don't extend and knock KG to the floor like that, he wasn't going for the ball

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:20 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:in the heat of the game I might have smacked Humphries too, you don't extend and knock KG to the floor like that, he wasn't going for the ball

Yeah and Cow, i'd have been ok with that, if you were a Balbosa or Collins type of guy, especialy if you were a Collins.. heck if you were a Collins type of guy and did what Rondo had done and i was the coach, i'd have bought ya a new car and promised another one the next time you did the same thing- and paid ya for the lost games.. we need a Big who will act as an enforcer..

something tells me that had Perk been involved, Humpris wouldnt have been in shape to Twit or whatever ya call it no injuries..

but it was Rondo, and as goes Rondo, so goes the Celtics... Rondo sealed the C's fate that night in the w/L colum. So if you were our Rondo, as a coach, i'd at the very least given ya a look that said "d*mb*ss.. again, if ya were a Collins type player... new car.

BTW, Perk for Jeff Geen straight up works once green's trade restrictions are lifted in dec. or Jan.!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 am

I want to clarify something I just said, Cow.. me too, i wooda backed my dood up as well.. regardless if coach wooda called me a d*mb*ss or bought me a car.

I'll take Loyalty over almost anything..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

Krish Humphries committed a foul. You could easily say he gave an extra shove that threw KG off-balance into the stands and that deserved a flagrant foul. But he didn't start a fight. Flagrant foul does not equal fight. By going after Humphries after the whistle blew, Rondo started a fight. Of course Rondo was going to get suspended, just as Wilkins should have (did he get suspended too?) for fighting.

We got lucky. The refs were saying after the game that Rondo started everything. If the league saw things that way, or just felt like they had to back up what their refs say they saw we could be looking at even more games.

Rondo should have gone after Humphries, but there's more than one way to skin a former cat-ashian. You go to the refs and argue the case. If you are a key player like Rondo or KG or Pierce, doing anything that will get you tossed out helps the other team. If Deron Williams got tossed with Rondo, that might be a fair trade, but Rondo for Humphries and Wilkins? We lost that trade-off and Rondo, as a team leader, should THINK first and act second. If Sully wants to park Humphries on his delicate little derriere, then fine. Then we're trading one of their starters for one of our subs. Hell, even Bass for Humphries would have been ok.

Of course, it goes to Doc's point that we need to toughen up. Fighting isn't tough, fighting is weak. To quote a famous sci-fi author, Robert A. Heinlein, "violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". When you throw a punch, it means your brain has given up on finding a different solution. Point guard is a cerebral position. Rondo should be a thinker.

Well, Barbosa and Lee needed to settle in, here's their chance.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am

what would Barkley have done if someone had shoved Moses Malone to the ground like that? bottomline we need an enforcer

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:what would Barkley have done if someone had shoved Moses Malone to the ground like that? bottomline we need an enforcer

Cowens, that is a bad example. Moses Malone needed no help in that department from anyone. (LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:what would Barkley have done if someone had shoved Moses Malone to the ground like that? bottomline we need an enforcer

Cowens, that is a bad example. Moses Malone needed no help in that department from anyone. (LOL)

Exactly. Who in their right mind would even try to throw Moses to the floor? Only someone with a terminal disease with nothing left to live for.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

My how things have changed. Rondo plays a little olde school basketball and everyone freaks. This incident just might be the catalyst that brings this team together. What has happened in November means NOTHING! The only thing that counts is that this team makes the playoffs. We need to be patient and see what happens once the real season begins. Otherwise. let's FIRE DOC and DANNY.

On another note: This will be my last post for awhile. Once Food Stamps learned of my pension they decreased my allotment to almost nothing, forcing me to leave my apartment. Once things work themselves out. "I'll Be Back" pirat
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:My how things have changed. Rondo plays a little olde school basketball and everyone freaks. This incident just might be the catalyst that brings this team together. What has happened in November means NOTHING! The only thing that counts is that this team makes the playoffs. We need to be patient and see what happens once the real season begins. Otherwise. let's FIRE DOC and DANNY.

On another note: This will be my last post for awhile. Once Food Stamps learned of my pension they decreased my allotment to almost nothing, forcing me to leave my apartment. Once things work themselves out. "I'll Be Back" pirat

mulcogiseng,

Best of luck and health. We'll keep the porch light on for you.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:On another note: This will be my last post for awhile. Once Food Stamps learned of my pension they decreased my allotment to almost nothing, forcing me to leave my apartment. Once things work themselves out. "I'll Be Back" pirat
I wish you nothing but the best during this difficult time. I like that you said "once things work themselves out" rather than "if". Attitude can make all the difference.

Sort of makes the Celtics' issues seem trivial.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 pm

mulcog

we'll be here, or there, or somewhere............

stay safe

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Mulcogi,

We'll be waiting for you.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,
I can understand what and, probably, why RR did what he did and the punishment. By how in the world Humphries didn't get anything while KG got fined 25K? No wonder there are so many conspiracy theories about NBA...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

They should have left the old name in Jersey because the perfect name for them is the Brooklyn Thugs!

Humphries has the kind of face that begs to be slapped. I wonder what Kim Kardashian thinks of the stunt Rondo pulled. I wonder how many times she slapped and scratched Hum. The guy's a magnet for public humiliation, jilted after the honeymoon, now knocked down by a guy half his size.

Who in his Celtics mind would take on Moses Malone if he swung a backhand at the face of a teammate who was falling backward and helpless to defend himself? I wouldn't put it past Larry Bird. He and Moses had some differences of opinion over the years. He probably wouldn't have tried to throw the oversized slab of beef to the floor. Slap his face like Rondo tried to do? Scratch him? Whatever it was that Larry tried to do to Dr. J that time, I don't know, I wasn't seeing it. But who knows? Maybe that's how they fight in French Lick.

Rondo wants to be not just the leader, but the best. He figures you can't talk the talk if you don't walk the walk. His favorite person was under attack. Injuries do occur. So if it was up to somebody to do something, it was up to Rondo.

Remember, that wasn't just anybody getting mauled in that excuse for a brawl: that was KG. Early in the first, he got smacked in the face hard. He was getting pushed, shoved, scissored and pincered all game long. Blatche didn't consider coming to the Celtics because he despises KG. He was jumping all over KG and getting away with it. In all the stories and comments I've heard about the incident, no one has bothered to mention what was done the whole game long to future hall-of-famer Kevin Garnett.

For the other Celtics, Wilcox was hors de combat. Sully was taking every dirty trick in the book from the thugs and hasn't yet learned how to respond. Pierce just looked tired: for some reason Doc's running him into the ground while Green rots on the vine.

There was no one to stick up for KG but Rondo, who happens to idolize the guy. Wait. There were referees in that game, and they could have done something, should have. It was ultimately their responsibility. Whoever it was who suggested that the refs should be suspended, definitely had it right. You have to wonder what instructions they got from the league before the game, because it is corrupt and they do get instructions.

What about the flops? There was at least one involving Sullinger, although I can't remember which Brooklyn Thug got away with it.

Just thought of another fellow (who may or may not have in his right mind) who tried to take on Moses Malone way back then. He was in his sixties, only five feet nine, balding, trying to get at Moses during a brawl, yelling some nasty stuff. Another thug from Brooklyn, wouldn't ya know?

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Mulcogi,

Please read the email I sent you. I need a name and an address from you.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I know people are passionate here about the Celtics, and you're allowed to see the world through green-colored glasses, but some of the comments here just make me shake my head. How such otherwise bright, knowledgeable people could see conspiracy, corruption, and monumental injustice in the league's actions is baffling.

I'm going to use the word "fight" in describing the situation for the sake of simplicity, but it wasn't a fight. There may have been a punch thrown somewhere behind the basket, but I didn't see it. It was a scrum, shoving match, wrestling match, whatever, but it wasn't really a fight. But for the sake of brevity, that's what I'm going to call it.

First off, Rondo got off easy. Be thankful. He probably should've gotten three games and could easily have gotten more. About the only factor in his favor is that the fight wasn't a fight and he didn't actually throw punches. Already this season, DeMarcus Cousins got two games for a hostile confrontation with Spurs announcer Sean Elliot and Thomas Robinson got two games for his elbow to Jonas Jerebko. Neither one of those incidents was as bad for the league as starting a melee that wound up in the seats.

Take a look at this list of NBA fines and suspensions and tell me Rondo didn't get off easy.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html

In particular, look at the penalties handed out after the New York-Denver fight in 2006.

The NBA handed down the suspensions for Saturday's Denver-New York fight and, as expected, the penalties were harsh. Carmelo Anthony (Den) was suspended for 15 games (throwing a punch at Collins). J.R. Smith (Den) and Nate Robinson (NY) were suspended for 10 games each (their scuffle ended up in the front row of fans). Mardy Collins (NY) was suspended for 6 games (his the flagrant foul started the whole thing). Jared Jeffries (NY) was suspended for 4 games (he aggressively tried to get at Anthony). Nene (Den) and Jerome James (NY) were suspended for 1 game each for leaving the bench during the incident (automatic suspensions, they did not participate in any altercations). In addition, the league fined the 2 teams $500,000 each.

Despite any perceived thuggery by the Nets on Wednesday, everything leading up to that point was within the game. The biggest complaint Boston fans have is that the Nets got away with it and the Celtics didn't have anyone who stood up to it. That's why Doc called them soft.

Rondo started the fight. I don't give a crap about how dirty or flagrant the Humphries foul on KG was, or whether the big bad Nets were taking the Celtics' lunch money all game long, Rondo started the fight. Is KG the first player in NBA history to receive a hard foul? Was this the most egregious foul in the history of the game? No. How many times in recent memory can you say that fight started after a flagrant foul, let alone a hard, non-flagrant foul? A lot of standing around, yelling, posturing, sure, but I can't recall any fights. Rondo started it, and he's the one who should receive the harshest penalty. To say that Humphries should've gotten suspended too is ridiculous. He didn't start the fight, and he didn't escalate it.

The only other guy who was in sniffing distance of a suspension was Gerald Wallace, who did more than anyone other than Rondo to escalate the situation. But considering how few games Rondo got, suspending Wallace would've been ridiculous. Suspend Rondo five games, then suspend Wallace two. But suspend Rondo two, and a fine to Wallace seems proportionally correct.

As evidenced by the suspension handed out to Denver and the Knicks in 2006, this could've been much worse. Yes, that 2006 incident was worse because Carmelo threw an actual punch and escalated a wrestling/shoving match that had morphed into the standing around phase (and he got suspended 15 games for it).

Rondo got lucky. And if he only got two games, nobody else should be suspended. The league was more than fair.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Mulcogni - be safe, keep warm and know that we will all be here for you once you get back on your feet. You have a good attitude, positive thinking is most important. I will keep you in my prayers nightly. God Bless.

Rosalie

r
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm

On another note: Seems to me we had a guy here who defended his fellow teammates almost like Rondo. His name is Paul Pierce, alot of the same traits seem to be in Rondo that Pierce had in his younger days. Luckily, he grew out of it and defended his teammates in a different way.

The way Rondo could have shut Humphries up is to have kept going at him, and get him to commit stupid fouls. It would have been more rewarding to watch Rondo torch him this way than to try to fight him and know he would get thrown out. Time to grow up Rondo. I love that he feels so strongly about his teammate, but there are more than one way to skin a cat.

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Mulcogi, hang in there brother we're rooting for you.

I also think this incident may have a good influence on the chemistry of the team. We may miss him a couple of games, but if this causes the team to rally and grow closer it may be worth it in the big picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Outside wrote:I know people are passionate here about the Celtics, and you're allowed to see the world through green-colored glasses, but some of the comments here just make me shake my head. How such otherwise bright, knowledgeable people could see conspiracy, corruption, and monumental injustice in the league's actions is baffling.

I'm going to use the word "fight" in describing the situation for the sake of simplicity, but it wasn't a fight. There may have been a punch thrown somewhere behind the basket, but I didn't see it. It was a scrum, shoving match, wrestling match, whatever, but it wasn't really a fight. But for the sake of brevity, that's what I'm going to call it.

First off, Rondo got off easy. Be thankful. He probably should've gotten three games and could easily have gotten more. About the only factor in his favor is that the fight wasn't a fight and he didn't actually throw punches. Already this season, DeMarcus Cousins got two games for a hostile confrontation with Spurs announcer Sean Elliot and Thomas Robinson got two games for his elbow to Jonas Jerebko. Neither one of those incidents was as bad for the league as starting a melee that wound up in the seats.

Take a look at this list of NBA fines and suspensions and tell me Rondo didn't get off easy.

In particular, look at the penalties handed out after the New York-Denver fight in 2006.

The NBA handed down the suspensions for Saturday's Denver-New York fight and, as expected, the penalties were harsh. Carmelo Anthony (Den) was suspended for 15 games (throwing a punch at Collins). J.R. Smith (Den) and Nate Robinson (NY) were suspended for 10 games each (their scuffle ended up in the front row of fans). Mardy Collins (NY) was suspended for 6 games (his the flagrant foul started the whole thing). Jared Jeffries (NY) was suspended for 4 games (he aggressively tried to get at Anthony). Nene (Den) and Jerome James (NY) were suspended for 1 game each for leaving the bench during the incident (automatic suspensions, they did not participate in any altercations). In addition, the league fined the 2 teams $500,000 each.

Despite any perceived thuggery by the Nets on Wednesday, everything leading up to that point was within the game. The biggest complaint Boston fans have is that the Nets got away with it and the Celtics didn't have anyone who stood up to it. That's why Doc called them soft.

Rondo started the fight. I don't give a crap about how dirty or flagrant the Humphries foul on KG was, or whether the big bad Nets were taking the Celtics' lunch money all game long, Rondo started the fight. Is KG the first player in NBA history to receive a hard foul? Was this the most egregious foul in the history of the game? No. How many times in recent memory can you say that fight started after a flagrant foul, let alone a hard, non-flagrant foul? A lot of standing around, yelling, posturing, sure, but I can't recall any fights. Rondo started it, and he's the one who should receive the harshest penalty. To say that Humphries should've gotten suspended too is ridiculous. He didn't start the fight, and he didn't escalate it.

The only other guy who was in sniffing distance of a suspension was Gerald Wallace, who did more than anyone other than Rondo to escalate the situation. But considering how few games Rondo got, suspending Wallace would've been ridiculous. Suspend Rondo five games, then suspend Wallace two. But suspend Rondo two, and a fine to Wallace seems proportionally correct.

As evidenced by the suspension handed out to Denver and the Knicks in 2006, this could've been much worse. Yes, that 2006 incident was worse because Carmelo threw an actual punch and escalated a wrestling/shoving match that had morphed into the standing around phase (and he got suspended 15 games for it).

Rondo got lucky. And if he only got two games, nobody else should be suspended. The league was more than fair.

Outside

No offense, but you fill me with despair. If someone as bright and knowledgeable as you can misunderstand so badly, well, what hope is there for the human race?

Take your use of the term "monumental injustice." It seems the majority of comments here are saying Rondo was in the wrong and deserves what he gets. Bob H said Rondo was lucky way before you did.

It's true that Sinus pointed out an injustice that you didn't notice. KG got fined and Humpty Dumpty didn't. Let's examine that: Humps swung his forearm at the face of a defenseless opponent, a dirty play that provoked a brawl. KG got knocked down, got up and got jumped from behind. That your idea of justice?

You defended Humps on another thread, basically saying his foul was ticky tacky. You said something like 'fouls like this happen every game in the NBA.' Really? I mean, when do you see players hitting defenseless opponents like that? And so what if it wasn't a hard foul? If he knocked out KG's eye, would it be worthy of greater punishment?

As for the referees, they're a disgrace. Humps is such a wuss that he never would have tried anything if his teammates hadn't been getting away with thuggery from the beginning. You don't think there's corruption, as in, say, referees who gamble? Two words: Tim Donaghy.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:On another note: Seems to me we had a guy here who defended his fellow teammates almost like Rondo. His name is Paul Pierce, alot of the same traits seem to be in Rondo that Pierce had in his younger days. Luckily, he grew out of it and defended his teammates in a different way.

The way Rondo could have shut Humphries up is to have kept going at him, and get him to commit stupid fouls. It would have been more rewarding to watch Rondo torch him this way than to try to fight him and know he would get thrown out. Time to grow up Rondo. I love that he feels so strongly about his teammate, but there are more than one way to skin a cat.

Rosalie

Rosalie,

Well said.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 pm

rickdavisakaspike wrote:
Outside wrote:I know people are passionate here about the Celtics, and you're allowed to see the world through green-colored glasses, but some of the comments here just make me shake my head. How such otherwise bright, knowledgeable people could see conspiracy, corruption, and monumental injustice in the league's actions is baffling.

Outside

No offense, but you fill me with despair. If someone as bright and knowledgeable as you can misunderstand so badly, well, what hope is there for the human race?

Take your use of the term "monumental injustice." It seems the majority of comments here are saying Rondo was in the wrong and deserves what he gets. Bob H said Rondo was lucky way before you did.

It's true that Sinus pointed out an injustice that you didn't notice. KG got fined and Humpty Dumpty didn't. Let's examine that: Humps swung his forearm at the face of a defenseless opponent, a dirty play that provoked a brawl. KG got knocked down, got up and got jumped from behind. That your idea of justice?

You defended Humps on another thread, basically saying his foul was ticky tacky. You said something like 'fouls like this happen every game in the NBA.' Really? I mean, when do you see players hitting defenseless opponents like that? And so what if it wasn't a hard foul? If he knocked out KG's eye, would it be worthy of greater punishment?

As for the referees, they're a disgrace. Humps is such a wuss that he never would have tried anything if his teammates hadn't been getting away with thuggery from the beginning. You don't think there's corruption, as in, say, referees who gamble? Two words: Tim Donaghy.

spike,

I find Outside to be accurate in everything in everything he said.
It was a hard foul that was not called a flagrant foul.
The referees reviewed the play and still chose to not call it a flagrant foul.
KG was fined $25,000 but you fail to mention that Gerald Wallace was fined $35,000.
That play did not almost provoke a brawl. Rondo's over-reaction is what almost provoked a brawl.
If you really feel that there's corruption from the referees, please tell us how you think it works.
What is Stern's role in the corruption? Are all of the referees corrupt? Do the referees get paid to be corrupt?
I would be very interested in hearing your views about how wide spread the corruption is and how it works.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next