The Big Ticket

5 posters

Go down

The Big Ticket Empty The Big Ticket

Post by jeb Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:22 pm

He is 17-18 for his last two games. It looks to me like his conditioning is starting to catch up with his heart. He is playing better d and moving inside better all the time. It seems the big ticket aint quite ready for the scrapyard yet. I saw pretty well perfect play in the last 4 minutes on the road against a tough team with the game in the balance.

KG is making progress.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

The Big Ticket Empty Re: The Big Ticket

Post by BloodRunsGreen Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:14 am

Jeb,

Hopefully we're not "speaking too soon", but I have to agree with you--Garnett's looked really good these last two games. Not 100%, mind you, but much, much better.

Other than that bad stretch during the 3rd quarter, I really liked what I saw from the boys in green tonight! As Gorman said during the Toronto game, hopefully the C's have their "swagger" back!

--BloodRunsGreen
BloodRunsGreen
BloodRunsGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 am

BRG

I think he is clearly making progress and trusting his health more. His d has been better as well. I remain convinced that some of it is conditioning. A good good chunk.

His shooting has been ridiculous.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

KG is definitely looking much improved. With the exception of the alley-oop, I didn't think his offense had really suffered too much this season. While 17-18 shooting over the past couple games is very impressive, that's not what makes me feel better about his progress.

He just seems more sure of his body now. He's not as tentative when he jumps. His intesity is back, and he even did his crazy KG defensive clap towards Wade. I believe that's only the first or second time we've seen that this year. It's a good sign. He still has a ways to go, but I'm encouraged at the progress so far.

I feel confident that my earlier concerns about KG were incorrect and that he just needs additional time to fully recover from his injury and we'll see pretty darn close to '08 KG.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:58 pm

KellyG

You know he is keeping watch on the people that are busting him right now. I think KG is just getting in game shape. Every second on the court without injury he gets stronger and knows his new body more. To me he is moving more freely inside. Nowhere near as tenative. He is slowly getting better on the glass. I see a lot to be hopeful about.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:49 pm

In the highlights I've seen, I've noticed a few times where he still doesn't have the lift he used to on alley-oops, but he looks a lot more comfortable with his jumpshot lately.

As someone who had knee surgery 10 years ago, I can definitely remember that it took a while to stop worrying about it every time I put pressure on it. I'm sure he has probably been going through a similar process.

His numbers are only slightly off of last year's at this point, so I would assume he'll end up with similar #'s by the end of the year. And those numbers were nothing to sneeze at.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Sky

He had a dunk off a quis assist that gave us all hope. He got waaayyy up there. He is also looking better on the glass.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 pm

In limited minutes ticket had a hellofa floor game again tonight. 16 points 7 boards and 5 assist in 26 minutes!

The boston celtics were 26-29 from the line!

And I frickin LOVE that!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:44 am

Jeb,

Did you say Frickin? I don't think I've ever seen that written before. Your posts are spot on. FT shooting like that is hard not to love.

Oh by the way, KG getting an offensive foul or two dipping his shoulder is OK with me. It's a good indicator of his confidence/return to health thing.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:49 am

hoop

Frickin is a back yard football term... frea fricker

To me hoop the MOST encouraging thing is the way KG is moving inside (which is double secret great because he is inside at all) and his increased willingness to mix it up down there especialy on d. I know his Offense has been very good but if he can be a real force on d we can take this 18th banner to the barn.

Also...man did he have a great passing game last night and my very fav kind. Interior touch passes that led to dunks or chippies. The one thing I miss most from Larry squads.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:29 am

Jeb,

I think he had a couple of underhanded shuffle type passes down low. One to Perk and the other to RA. Sweet!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 pm

10-11 23 points in 25 minutes...looks like KG was listening to all those naysayers.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down