This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ...

+3
mrkleen09
beat
bigpygme
7 posters

Go down

This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Empty This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ...

Post by bigpygme Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:23 am

In an article today in the Globe, Gary Washburn hails the return offensively of KG the past three games (22 for 27, 18.3 ppg).

Then they talked about the personality of the team. Washburn said "the Celtics are beginning to gain the personality of a savvy team that may not have the explosiveness of two years ago but can stifle any team defensively.

Garnett seemingly disagreed, taking a 'work in progress' position. 'I really want to answer your question [about our personality] but I think it’s just too early,’ Garnett said. 'Defensively we are a definitely a team that can score the basketball. But until we get the continuity, the rhythm, understanding guys . . . We have not even played . . . the different combinations we played with in practice has not carried over to the court. I keep saying this. I know I am tearing your tape recorders up with this but it’s repetition, consistency and we just have to continue to be like that.’ "

So KG agrees with those who're saying the C's are a work in progress ... that they haven't found their identity yet ... that they are hunting for combinations on the floor that work ...
I am not sure what "Defensively we are a team that can score the basketball" means - i suspect he mis-spoke and meant "offensively" But in any case, Garnett isn't worried about the lack of identity at this point in the season, seemingly confident that it will come.

What do you think? Do they already have an identity as you see it? Are you worried? Is it too early in the season to be concerned?

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Empty Re: This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ...

Post by beat Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 am

Exactly when did BB hurt his hand? certainly he was in the mix much of the preseason so any combo including him in early practices hasn't been tapped yet.
Any recent word on his return?

Always concerned but not overly so.

beat

Last edited by beat on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Empty Re: This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ...

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

I dont know where Gary Washburn has come from, but I think he has been off base with most of what I have read by him.

Clearly he is either trying to make a name by being controversial, or he is not a basketball guy and is just pulling articles and ideas out of his - umm, back pocket Cool
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:45 am

Allow me to paraphrase the esteemed philosopher Alfred E. Neuman.... "Who, me, worry?"

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am

ga

Thinks it's

What, me worry?

This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Alfred10
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 pm

beat wrote:ga

Thinks it's

What, me worry?

This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Alfred10

You are correct, SIR!!!

That is why I paraphrased Alfred rather than quote him.

I was oh so tempted to change my avatar to a classic Neuman mug for the occasion.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 pm

OOPS

I thought about the avatar bit with him a bit ago when I decieded on Miss Cleo for a game on thread!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

beat wrote:OOPS

I thought about the avatar bit with him a bit ago when I decieded on Miss Cleo for a game on thread!

beat

Get me up to speed on Ms. Cleo. Inside joke maybe?

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:53 pm

GA

Nothing deep and nothing 'inside"

On the Atlanta 11/13 game on thread I predicted 98 for the winning points and said ms Cleo told me. Back in the 70's there were these Ms. Cleo comercials where she would predict your future and that game I used her phot as my avatar............well the C's lost and Ms Cleo was banished.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Some pretty revealing articles on KG and his progress in the usual papers.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 pm

ms-cleo-not-as-good-as-purl=https://servimg.com/view/14440701/45]This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Ms-cle10[/url]at-robertson

HER she is GA waiting for your call!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 pm

KG is oh-so-right. Everyone has been just dying to get a fix on the personality of this team. Lately, I've been talking in terms of how many turbos (catalysts) they'd have and whether they're now becoming more of an attack team.

But the real fact is that there's loads of settling-in and role definition to be accomplished before the Celtics really have a signature personality for this season.

It's one reason why it would be absolutely unbearable to watch trolls trying to fabricate a critique of this team every time they lose or get a parking ticket. Such stupidity is uncommon in today's society.

I'm sure I'll be posting, like everyone else, about how the personality is shaping up. But I tend to word things as "glimmers," because they represent little else at this point in time.

If Rondo's new FT stroke continues to improve (GC loves it when I talk that way), who knows? Their eventual stylistic personality may be to catapult Rondo, with a huge rubber band, into crowds of opposing players on virtually every play so he'll score 60 or 70 per game from the line. (Eat it up, GC.)

Now we'll see who has the senses of humor and who doesn't.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:28 pm

beat wrote:ms-cleo-not-as-good-as-purl=https://servimg.com/view/14440701/45]This team has no real personality of their own yet, but don't worry ... Ms-cle10[/url]at-robertson

HER she is GA waiting for your call!

beat

Okay... that Ms. Cleo. Damn if she didn't abscond with most all of my hard earned money.

I called the BBB and they didn't do squat about her fleecing me.

She told me to go down to the local strip club and wave a fist full of $1 bills to get some real action.

Didn't work... the dancers refused to make change. Crying or Very sad

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Sam:

That so called "new stroke" is so yesterday that it isn't new anymore. He's had it for 3 games going on 4... and according to my bunion, if I am reading my bunion correctly, either its going to rain or Rondo is about to switch to the underhanded approach semi-perfected by Wilt.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:19 pm

GC,

We'll see. Personally, I like to think my brain's in my head. I'd hate to risk stepping on it all the time. LOL.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Sam:

Do not underestimate my bunion. It just tipped me off that Enron might be in trouble... and gave me a strong sell sign.

Same with Tiger Woods Inc. Something about a women beating Tiger in a grudge match using a nine iron. Make sense?

When my bunion hurts, I know that bad times are here.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:01 pm

beat wrote:Exactly when did BB hurt his hand? certainly he was in the mix much of the preseason so any combo including him in early practices hasn't been tapped yet.
Any recent word on his return?

Always concerned but not overly so.

beat
I think I read somewhere that he is getting his cast off today or tomorrow...but to be sure, you need to ask gacracker to consult his bunion
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down