Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Found this on Hoopshype.com

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/may/2009/12/05/allen-should-be-a-keeper/

Enjoy!

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Article by Peter May about Ray Allen Empty Re: Article by Peter May about Ray Allen

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Also found this article about Ray Allen

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20091208#STORY_22997

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Article by Peter May about Ray Allen Empty Re: Article by Peter May about Ray Allen

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Bob,

Nice article by May. Thanks for pointing it out and I hope you are doing well.

I like that he calmly points out the obvious facts that Ray's not done and probably staying put. No histrionics, just an unobstructed view. True, teams always try to improve their roster, but who would come in as the improvement?

So many ridiculous calls to dump him over any hiccup from reactionary fans. Yet the Celtics have two consistent weapons at crunch time, two guys you want to see with the ball or taking the shot; Pierce and Ray Allen. Period.

Why would we want to change that? We wouldn't. [Editors note; I love asking rhetorical questions.]

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

NYCelt, first let me say that I don't want to trade Ray Allen. I hope he stays with the C's until he retires.

That said, I don't think he's so valuable that there is no trade to be made that could improve the C's. I'm sure this would never happen, but say we had the opportunity to trade Ray and some spare parts for good young player like Joe Johnson. As much as I would hate to see Ray go, I think the trade would be worth it. I realize this probably isn't a possibility due to salary cap and whatnot (although I'm not even close to an expert in that area). I believe this move would still allow us to have two go to guys on the floor in crunch time and would also benefit the team in the long run by adding a younger player.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Kelly, just as a matter of interest, RealGM Trade Checker indicates that—strictly salary-wise—a straight-up trade of Ray for Joe Johnson works with no spare parts involved.

Of course, before all the posts in the world descend on me, this has nothing to do with other issues related to trades—whether the respective teams would want to do it, the potential effect on the chemistries of the two teams, the ages of the two players, etc.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Kelly,

I'm actually leaving out a lot of assumptions as well as facts for the sake of brevity. I would agree that there's nearly always someone better out there, but taking it as gospel that at this time either a trading partner wouldn't have interest (your Joe Johnson scenario, which would go even-up $ wise) or it wouldn't be likely that we could make it work.

In other words I didn't have time for a long post but I'm not saying he's so valuable we wouldn't trade him. I'm saying it would be difficult, he's one of the best at his position and there's no real need to.

Regards

Last edited by NYCelt on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Ray Allen for DWade works straight up too. Ok, I'll cut back on my meds.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Bob,

Give the spare meds to some of the people who have been looking to trade Ray ever since the day we got him. They need 'em more!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

Give the spare meds to some of the people who have been looking to trade Ray ever since the day we got him. They need 'em more!

Regards

nycelt,

The people who have been wanting to trade Ray Allen for a dog and then shoot the dog are fools. Meds would just bounce off them without effect.

The thought of a starting backcourt of Rondo, Wade and Pierce makes me smile, though.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:50 pm

No comment on this subject, I think I have said it all.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Ray is pure class and still a hell of a player. I love him in green and think he still has a lot of ball left in him.

I'd love to see him retire here.

The team is just gelling a trade would be buck ass ignorant right now.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

NYCelt, I might have opened a can of worms here! I'm not suggesting that we trade Ray. As I said, I love him and think he's a perfect fit for the team. I'm just saying that there are moves out there that would improve the team and it wouldn't necessarily be a reflection on Ray's play...more his age and the future of the team. There are certainly some people out there who, for whatever reason, don't see Ray's value and propose a trade every time he misses a shot. I get seriously annoyed by that too, but I don't think that every suggestion for a trade involving Ray is ludicrous.

My fantasy is that human cloning will make some major advances in the next year or two and we'll have Ray2 waiting in the wings when Ray retires. (I assume this is why I'm a fan and not a GM!)
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Kelly,

If you get that cloning thing going, and assuming we have rights to all Celtic DNA, there won't be enough room for all the banners coming our way.

Beyond that my wife has said if I ever could turn Michelle Pfeiffer's head, she would forgive that one indiscretion, so let me know who we can clone...(of course, she always laughs after saying that...hmmm...so now who's got the way far-fetched fantasy?).

I do get your point though.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Could you imagine if that were possible? I think I might try to steal a lock of Bill Russell's hair just in case!

Good luck with Michelle Pfeiffer! That's awfully good of your wife! Of course, I assume she's granted one as well? Smile
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

KellyGreen17 wrote:Could you imagine if that were possible? I think I might try to steal a lock of Bill Russell's hair just in case!

Good luck with Michelle Pfeiffer! That's awfully good of your wife! Of course, I assume she's granted one as well? Smile

She gets equal time with George Clooney; but at least I didn't laugh at her when granting that!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Word is that George Clooney is quite the ladies man! I hope for your sake she never meets him. Unless of course you happen to meet Ms. Pfeiffer at the same time Wink
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Well then while your at it, if you take a lock of Bill's hair, you might as well shoot for a lock of Havlicek's too. My, my what a team we are building!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

love Ray and think the world of him ... but ... Joe Johnson ... hmmmmmmmm ...

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 am

bigpygme wrote:love Ray and think the world of him ... but ... Joe Johnson ... hmmmmmmmm ...

Michael in Denver

Michael,

The only way Ray Allen gets traded for Joe Johnson is if Rick Sund, Atlanta's GM, wants to get fired. I love Ray as a player and as a person, but his best days are behind him. That doesn't mean he still doesn't have good days ahead of him, but you're never 28 again. Joe Johnson is 28 and is already an all-star.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 am

I agree with Bob...the trade won't happen, but the Celtics would be fools to turn it down if ATL was game.

Rosalie, it's as good as done! Now I just need a volunteer to bail me out of jail for assaulting these guys! And I also need ideas on how to get Ray's DNA. It would be difficult to get a lock of his hair!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Kelly,

Just let us know which jail is involved. We'll figure out how to hold a board party there.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Sounds good to me Sam! Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and they won't press charges. I mean, it's for a good cause, right?
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm

You are all pipe dreaming! Do you honestly think Atlanta would trade Joe Johnson to the Celtics? Who besides Ray are you throwing in? Rondo to take over for Bibby? This is just thinking out loud!

As far as Ray's DNA is concerned, we should have someone follow him around, and when he least expects it, take a sample of his blood!!! I'll be waiting for results and the cloning to begin! Maybe someone could get a small hair from his "beard" if that is what you call those few hairs on his chin.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:54 pm

You're right, it is a pipe dream. Actually the only reason I brought it up was to prove my point that not all Ray Allen trade scenarios are reactionary, and that there are players out there that would add more value to the C's now, and especially for the future. I probably shouldn't have brought it up at all, but I guess I was bored yesterday!

I think maybe the beard would be a little better than drawing blood. It's a little more forgiving to snag a few hairs! I wonder if sweat would do the trick...he certainly has more than enough of that to go around and probably wouldn't miss it!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Ha Ha ---- We really are bored!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down