Humphries Doesn't Want 'Tanking Situation'

2 posters

Go down

Humphries Doesn't Want 'Tanking Situation' Empty Humphries Doesn't Want 'Tanking Situation'

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:54 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/humphries-doesnt-want-tanking-situation?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Humphries doesn't want 'tanking situation'
September 14, 2013, 12:15 pm

When the Celtics traded Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett the Brooklyn Nets, the organization was instantly sent into rebuilding mode.

Although the team is not expected to be a championship contender, Kris Humphries made it clear to ESPN Boston that he still plans on trying to win games with the Boston Celtics.

“I’m motivated and I’m looking to make the most out of it. It’s funny, of all the places I would end up, I never thought I would play in Boston, but just from being around those guys, it should be exciting." said Humphries, "We’re out to try to prove that we’re a team that can compete every night, and whenever people sort of write you off, it’s a lot of motivation."

The 28-year-old forward believes that he isn't alone in this regard. He stated that he, and the Celtics organization, have no interest in a "tanking situation."

“I’m not looking to be a part of a tanking situation." continued Humphries, "I know that Danny Ainge has said that they’re not looking to tank, and I’m sure Brad Stevens coming in is definitely not looking to do that." So it’s just about competing and bringing it every night. We’re going to have to figure out ways to win and continue to get better, and it starts with camp.”

Humphries has averaged 6.6 points and 5.5 rebounds per game over his nine year NBA career.

bob
MY NOTE:  6.6ppg and 5.5rebs?  Boy, does that suck!  So, here's basketball-reference.com's page on him.  Yeah, the numbers are accurate BUT he never averaged 20mpg until he got to NJ in his 6th year.  He had an ok rest of the year there, not starting in any of the 44 games he played there and THEN he turned into a double-double machine his next two years as a mostly starter.  

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/humphkr01.html

That's why you have to be careful with stats.  Numbers are dangerous toys.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Humphries Doesn't Want 'Tanking Situation' Empty Re: Humphries Doesn't Want 'Tanking Situation'

Post by k_j_88 Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:28 pm

I think Humphries is a respectable player. Give him the minutes and he will produce. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of him but I know decent when I see it.

I wonder why these writers never seem read between the lines. Yet another disappointing lack of due diligence.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down