+2
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy Birthday, Elgin Baylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Elgin Baylor

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 pm

agreed outside traveling is hardly ever called, the game is much more physical, defenses are allowed to bang in a way where in the old days it would be a foul right away.

I think 2 of the players that helped start/cause that trend that ushered in the new levels of contact/physicality were Dave Cowens and Moses Malone, both guys would just always put a body on you and to limit them, you had to do the same, didn't mean you were gonna succeed....then the PF position and SF positions both increased in size.

Now in the paint seeing all these big guys locking up, it almost looks like sumo wrestling.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Bob, thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Bob, it's there, right after my two-part personal history of the Russell Celtics.  It's called, "Here Come the World Champions: the Final Chapter in Basketball Camelot." I'll have to find some way of better differentiating the three pieces, although frankly I have no idea whether anyone ever refers to them or cares about them.  At any rate, I'm not about to delete them, and I still get misty every time I read any of them.  It truly was Basketball Camelot, at least for me!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm

sam wrote:Bob, it's there, right after my two-part personal history of the Russell Celtics.  It's called, "Here Come the World Champions: the Final Chapter in Basketball Camelot." I'll have to find some way of better differentiating the three pieces, although frankly I have no idea whether anyone ever refers to them or cares about them.  At any rate, I'm not about to delete them, and I still get misty every time I read any of them.  It truly was Basketball Camelot, at least for me!

Sam

Sam,

Uh, obviously some of us do refer to them. Some of us also have trouble staying focused until the very end.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Bob,

I know you won't believe it; but, when I read about the Lakers' comeback in the balloon game, I occasionally lapse into fear that ending's going to be different in this reading. Jerry West was just phenomenal; and, only because of a relatively seldom-used tactic by those Celtics teams (a double-team on Jerry)‚ were the Celtics able to pull it out.

Geez, I would have hated to have to sit through an all-night party with Wilt Chamberlain. Nothing but drink and drag Wilt, drink and drag Wilt.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2