Celtic Tidbits

2 posters

Go down

Celtic Tidbits Empty Celtic Tidbits

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:40 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2013/09/kelly-olynyk-is-not-only-celtic.html

Kelly Olynyk is Not the Only Celtic Suffering With Plantar Fasciitis and Other Tidbits
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
by FLCeltsFan   12:27 PM

Scott Souza @scott_souza

#Celtics president Danny Ainge: Vitor Faverani also suffering from bit of plants fasciitis, but also working hard, has skill.
6:45 AM - 24 Sep 2013

A few notes from Scott Souza on Twitter, who caught up with Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens at the Shamrock Foundation golf tournament today. Kelly Olynyk is not the only Celtic dealing with plantar fasciitis. Kelly was unable to play with the Canadian team this summer but reportedly is doing much better, whatever that means. Now we hear that the Celtics' only true center on the team, Vitor Faverani, is also suffering from plantar fasciitis. He's also working hard and according to coach, GM and other players who have worked out with him, he has skills. Hopefully he will get enough rest between now and the start of camp to be able to play, but he adds one more question to the puzzle of the 2013-14 Celtics. But Brad Stevens didn't seem concerned that his only center might miss some time.

Scott Souza @scott_souza

#Celtics coach Brad Stevens: in all years of coaching college only had true center once, expects to play small.
7:07 AM - 24 Sep 2013

So, we can expect some small ball this season. Well, we pretty much knew that when Colton Iverson was allowed to go overseas and Fab Melo was traded, leaving an unproven Faverani as the only true center on the team. But now, it's been officially confirmed by the head coach. Stevens also talked about the point guard spot, should Rondo not be ready to play for awhile.

Scott Souza @scott_souza

When asked about pg spot w/o Rajon Rondo, #Celtics coach Brad Stevens talked about great 'opportunity' for Avery Bradley.
7:05 AM - 24 Sep 2013

Celtics GM Danny Ainge spoke about Jared Sullinger for the first time since his arrest on domestic abuse charges. It doesn't appear that Danny is all that upset or worried about the legal proceedings against Sullinger. And given that Sully's girlfriend doesn't want to continue with the charges, in spite of the DA's desire to press on, it seems as though things will work out for Jared.

Scott Souza @scott_souza

#Celtics Danny Ainge: 'looking good' for Jared Sullinger, will be in camp ... Don't think he's done anything 'that wrong' not to be here.

And, finally, it's not just the fans wondering what is up with Gerald Wallace. Danny Ainge doesn't know what is up with him either. He's anxious to meet with the mysterious Mr Wallace, who has been completely silent since the trade.

Scott Souza @scott_souza

#Celtics president Danny Ainge: I'm anxious to meet Gerald Wallace, haven't had much contact since trade.
6:38 AM - 24 Sep 2013

bob
MY NOTE:  Some of this is covered in other threads, like I said these are tidbits.  The reason why I posted this was the part about Brad Stevens never having a true center in college and admitting he's going towards small ball.  I think LBJ has completely sold Danny Ainge on the concept that small ball is the wave of the future.  That's why he wanted Jeff Green so badly.  Of course, LBJ could make a lot of teams look good.  The hard part is duplicating that success with a player who isn't LBJ.  Other than doubles tennis, there is no other sport I can think of where one single player can make such a profound effect on the team's performance as basketball.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtic Tidbits Empty Re: Celtic Tidbits

Post by Sam Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm sitting on the top of the Avery Bradley cliff.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down