The Return of a Hall of Famer

3 posters

Go down

The Return of a Hall of Famer Empty The Return of a Hall of Famer

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 pm

One of my Facebook friends is a long, long time poster here, and member of Sam's HOF, BeatLA.

Beat just told me on Facebook that he plans on coming back, perhaps for pre-season but almost certainly for the regular season. He had been spending so much time on the board he felt he was neglecting some other things (know the feeling) and took a sabbatical but now that his last kid, Marcus, is safely off at Syracuse U. he has more time again to talk hoop.

This is great news. Great news. I've always enjoyed his posts and opinions. The board will be richer with his return.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Return of a Hall of Famer Empty Re: The Return of a Hall of Famer

Post by Outside Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:30 pm

That IS great news. A few of us have taken sabbaticals from the board for one reason or another, and Beat always put his family first, so that's completely understandable.

"The board will be richer with his return." -- perfectly said.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Beat is a wonderful guy, a sensational father, and a great fan. It'll be very good to see him back here.

Recently, I've been emailing some board members whom we haven't heard from for a while. (I did that with Beat few months ago.) Included so far have been MD, Michael from Denver, Quiet Reader from Japan, and Kelly Green.

So far, I've heard only from MD, who has become somewhat disenchanted with the NBA under David Stern and is also very involved in his concerns about U.S. affairs home and abroad. He wished the board well and assured us that he had a good time here.

I will apprise the board of any other responses that come in.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down