Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs

3 posters

Go down

Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs Empty Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:11 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2013/09/sean-grande-thinks-new-coach-is-just.html

Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
by FLCeltsFan   8:26 AM

Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs Grande_orlando_shot

Toucher and Rich were busy yesterday.  They were at the Shamrock Foundation golf tournament yesterday and along with interviews with Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens, they also featured one with the voice of the Celtics, Sean Grande.  Sean had some interesting things to say about Rondo and his relationship with his coaches.  

It seems as though throughout his career so far, every year there would be rumors about Rondo and Doc squaring off and not seeing eye to eye.  Although both have steadfastly stated that they got along and there was no animosity between them,  you have to think that with so much smoke in the other direction there had to have been some fire there.

Since the moment that Brand Stevens was named as the Celtics new coach, there have been questions about how he would get along with the Celtics' point guard.   Stevens has met with Rondo and Danny has said that he has been in constant contact with him and both say that the point guard is upbeat and excited about playing for Stevens.   Yesterday Sean Grande opined that a new coach may be just what Rondo needed.

“As a lifelong holder of minority opinion, I will add this one to the mix: I think people are vastly underrating Rondo’s interest in playing for a different coach. For his entire NBA career, there has always been at some level a clash between two headstrong individuals in Rondo and Doc Rivers,” Grande told Toucher & Rich. “As great a coach as Doc Rivers is, and his track record is his track record, maybe Rondo needed a different voice. Maybe there is a potential for two young guys who view things differently than most of the rest of the world does to have a really good coach-point guard relationship.

“What’s exciting about the season is all the directions it could go. But to me, everyone is not realizing when the weight of a relationship that was strained at times goes out the window and you’re starting from scratch with somebody new.”

Grande also joined in with the anti-tank crowd. He feels that just looking back on the Celtics history will be enough to make you realize that tanking doesn't work. The Celtics clearly tanked to get Tim Duncan and we all know how that ended. I don't believe that the Celtics tanked for the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant sweepstakes as much as they were young and hit with a lot of injuries, but there could have been a little tanking along with the injuries. That didn't work out so well, either. I agree with Grande, tanking isn't healthy for a franchise. I also agree with him that this season is going to be a fun one to watch play out.

“I think it’s going to be a fascinating year. When all is said and done and we’re into it, I think people are going to realize that everybody — all of us who are connected to the team or have been fans forever — had six years that were conjured out of the blue. Six years ago, you could not have imagined,” Grande said. “The bottom line is this team is positioned so much better than the one Danny Ainge took over in 2003, and we know what he did starting from scratch. There is interest in what is happening, there is a lot more hope about the future, and to me, because it’s my job to focus on the present, I think this team is going to be a lot more interesting to watch than other people do.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs Empty Re: Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs

Post by Sam Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Bob,

I believe Rondo will appreciate a coach who (1) will bring more vitality to the team in general, (2) will rejuvenate the offense in ways that represent Rondo's forte, and (3) will most likely make Rondo a de facto partner in key offensive decisions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs Empty Re: Sean Grande Thinks New Coach is Just What Rondo Needs

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:33 pm

I am also very interested in the way Stephens approaches his relationship with Rondo.  All I keep hearing about is how the Celtics are going to get Rondo healthy and then trade him.  I am not so sure about that theory at all.  Right now, I realize his trade value isn't anywhere near what it would be if he comes back strong, but if he does succeed in regaining his health, why the heck would they trade him????  

Rosalie

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:40 pm

A trade of Rondo seems extremely unlikely in the near-future, Rosalie.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Watch that idiot tan guy!! He acts as if he has inside info about this subject. How this jerk is still on television is beyond me. But, I will say that Ian Thomsen claimed that Rondo is a goner. I do not believe it is going to happen. This kid is going to prove that he is better than the previous coach gave him credit for.

Time is drawing near, training camp starts next week, I personally cannot wait. Too much down time with very little information coming out of Celtics!!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down