Jeff Green Gets Fan to Trash HEAT Gear

Go down

Jeff Green Gets Fan to Trash HEAT Gear Empty Jeff Green Gets Fan to Trash HEAT Gear

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4706957/green-gets-fan-to-trash-heat-gear

Green gets fan to trash Heat gear
September, 26, 2013
SEP 26 5:05PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

Oh sure, it might be a transition year (though don't tell that to Boston's returning veterans), but Jeff Green found a way to keep the Celtics-Heat rivalry flickering. From Wicked Local Beverly:

For Beverly resident Nathan Barry, it was an offer he couldn’t refuse: An autographed game-worn sneaker from Boston Celtic Jeff Green, in exchange for all of his Miami Heat gear -- starting with the cap he was currently wearing.

It was a tempting trade for the youngster, who stood face-to-kneecap with his towering 6-foot-9, 235-pound basketball hero.

“I have to make sure you get rid of this hat,” said Green, going over the finer points of the swap. “And you’re going to have to mail all your Miami stuff back to me. I will then dispose of it. Is it a deal?”

It was a no-brain decision for Barry, a third grader at the Centerville School. The tyke even shook on the deal, swearing off all of his Heat regalia for the entire season, before hurling his red cap into the trash can.

Jeff Green Gets Fan to Trash HEAT Gear G12c000000000000000e58d032073cbb5f1b59fab51143713e9af61d1be

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down