I Can Smell It

2 posters

Go down

I Can Smell It Empty I Can Smell It

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

It's Media Day, which means a whole lot of Celtics standing around in their unis but no basketball, but that's not a bad thing.  It's like the first sighting of a robin in spring.  It's the undeniable proof that one can, with absolute certainty, predict what's coming next is ACTUAL BASKETBALL!  We're so close, I can smell it.

Over the course of this dramatic, traumatic summer we have been chewing and re-chewing and re-re-chewing news with fidelity that would make a cow proud.  A lot of the articles that have been posted over the past week by me and others are nothing more nor less than the professional writers returning from their summer sabbatical to take up the issues that we had already clubbed into a bleeding, unrecognizable mess.  Summer interns!  Ugh.  They should have hired 6th graders, at least their attempts at journalism would have been amusing and full of promise.  Instead, they gave us Justin Haskins, who confused obsession with insight.

But now, finally, we're almost there, almost there.  Camp opens tomorrow.  As they say in the military, one day and a wake-up. You don't get "shorter" than that.  There will be squeaky sneakers, which we will hear without hearing, tongues hanging out after suicides and the tweets of coaches wanting to make a point.  Skeletons walked, actual plays being called and contact. The first pre-season will be in exactly one week from today.  We are about to see what we really have to work with, not just in this transition year, but who we want to keep over the next 3-4 years. We're almost there; so close, in fact, that I can smell it. I am SO ready.

Go Celtics,

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I Can Smell It Empty Re: I Can Smell It

Post by Sam Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Bob,

I hope your headline doesn't apply after they've had a few practices.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down