Camp: Day 2

Go down

Camp:  Day 2 Empty Camp: Day 2

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Camp:  Day 2 BVlOYaQIEAAJ3DV

James Toscano @Jimmy_Toscano
Rondo is the only player left in the gym after morning practice. He just finished.
8:25 AM - 2 Oct 2013

Camp:  Day 2 BVlAPYDIYAA0fzr

Abby Chin @tvabby
#TeamVitor wins elbow shooting contest. #celticstalk
7:24 AM - 2 Oct 2013

Who was on that team?

Updates from WEEI's Ben Rohrbach:
Gerald Wallace: "If you're already on the bottom, then there's nowhere to go but up." He clearly has Celtics fever.

Wallace just compared MarShon Brooks to Kobe Bryant, so yeah. Celtics fever.

Yup, Wallace just said he has zero games circled on his calendar.

Ainge on his first discussion with Gerald Wallace: "[Long pause] … We just discussed his family, mostly."

"What's it like to put that historic jersey on for the first time?" Humph: "Um, I don't know, someone said green looks good against my eyes"

Humphries adds: "I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I never thought I'd be playing for the Celtics."

Humphries says there's a "Rondo vs. Hump" picture in the locker room, asking Celtics players who would win in a fight. They're tied.

Kris Humphries does pilates and all of his friends are Heat fans.

Lee is planning a dunk contest with Green & Bradley after training camp. Prediction: Vitor wins.

Some tweets from Scott Souza:
#Celtics PG Rajon Rondo shooting, appears to be moving well as full participant in offensive (non-contact) portion of today's workout.

#Celtics coach Brad Stevens: Jordan Crawford didn't take any bad shots yesterday ... He can score the basketball, so he's going to play.

#Celtics coach Brad Stevens: (former Waltham High guard) Phil Pressey was as good as any guard on the floor for us yesterday.

#Celtics coach Brad Stevens: They all have to be themselves. Nobody has to be KG. Nobody has to be Paul Pierce.

Nice to see guys like #Celtics Brandon Bass, Jeff Green - sometimes reluctant to speak w/ media in past - filling that responsibility void.

#Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo last one on practice floor working on his shot this morning well after most of team ushered to bus.

#Celtics Avery Bradley: Even though (Rajon) Rondo isn’t practicing, he’s on the sideline yelling. He’s our voice right now. He’s our leader.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Camp:  Day 2 Empty Re: Camp: Day 2

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:48 pm

And a couple of tidbits from Mark Murphy:
Rondo very active in morning's non-contact session. Has clearly spent rehab time working on upper body. Much bigger through shoulders.

Stevens' first practices leave same impression on Humphries, Bass and Bradley. All mention "attention to detail."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down