Wrap-Up Camp Day 3

2 posters

Go down

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Empty Wrap-Up Camp Day 3

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Celtics Practice Update Day 3
Thursday, October 3, 2013
by FLCeltsFan   8:25 PM

The Celtics wrapped up their training camp at Salve Regina in Newport today. They will take Friday off and resume practice at the Celtics practice facility in Waltham on Saturday. Here are a few notes from today's practice.

Brad Stevens told the media that Jeff Green will see minutes at shooting guard this season. So, we may see Green at the 2,3 and 4 this season, depending on the matchups. I'm wondering if the next announcement will be that we should see some Kelly Olynyk at the point. After all, he did play point guard in high school before he grew.

Jared Sullinger has been put in charge of the rookies because to the vets, he is still a rookie since he played in just 45 games last yr. He has to reach 82 games before they will let him off the hook. He led the rookies in singing Happy Birthday to Courtney Lee. For his part, Courtney said this year's birthday song stood out from others he's had in the past. "That was the best one by far. I had about five or six rookies over there, two-stepping while they were singing to me." They also served cake to celebrate his birthday.

There were some questions on media day about whether Jared Sullinger would be ready to play in the preseason games. Brad Stevens has said that he was pleasantly surprised by Sully's conditioning on the first day. Jared said today that he expects to be playing during preseason games.

The day off is coming just in time for the team. Fatigue was setting in and the coach cut out two scrimmage segments that we had scheduled. The coach said on the first day that he was pleased with the conditioning of the team, but 3 days of banging against each other in scrimmages and two a day practices had taken its toll.

Doc was big on gimmicks to get the team to bond but Brad Stevens isn't so much. He had this to say about off court gimmicks to build chemistry, "I think the idea of coming here was good. I said this the other day, I’m not a big believer in games to team build and some of that stuff. When you start to do tough things together, you really start to build a camaraderie."

These Celtics used dinners, video games, challenges, cards and being around each other in the hotel and on the court to build their chemistry. Dinners were an interesting time to bond according to Jared Sullinger. "We have a good time after dinner with the team. Just trying to know everybody. Kris and Gerald and MarShon, they bring the Brooklyn flavor. They always talk about what happened in the locker room in Brooklyn. We always talk about what happened in the locker room here."

And, here are some photos from today's session. As with yesterday's session, Rondo was the last one on the court working on his shot once again.

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Rondo+last+on+court+day+3+TC

And, Rondo was in the center with conditioning coach Brian Doo once again to lead the stretching session at the end of practice.

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Stretching+training+camp

Jordan Crawford got in some ball handling practice.  According to Brad Stevens, he'll get playing time at both the point and the shooting guard spots.  

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Crawford+handling+ball+training+camp

And, my favorite  training camp photo will always be the huddle.  It's not quite as inspirational as the one with KG's index finger raised high but great, nonetheless.

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Team+huddle+2+training+camp

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wrap-Up Camp Day 3 Empty Re: Wrap-Up Camp Day 3

Post by Sam Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:30 pm

In addition to providing important versatility, trying guys at various positions is one way of identifying the full variety of tendencies and abilities that will determine their ultimate roles.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down