Sam
dboss
Matty
beat
12 posters

Go down

I'm back !! Empty I'm back !!

Post by beat Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:32 pm

As I mentioned to Bob Heckler I'd be back before the season. with tomorrow the first preseason game well no time like now.

Expectations for this bunch too me are like Stevie Wonder in a very large room full of pianos some are tuned but some are not. Can he find the good ones.

As for me and the family...all doing well. My mom is doing OK too.

Me... still working in Probation and adding to the list of I can't believe they did that almost every week. I should write a book.

Wife... doing well and involved in so many things....I'd be lost without her.

Sarah...Loves her new Puppy Riley ( golden retriever) about 5 months old. Doing well at her job but applying for new jobs too, one actually working for the county computer system where I work. Working on her masters in information tech on line. Living with her boyfriend Zack near Watertown. Zack recently got a job as the computer geru for a local company, Car Freshner ( they make those little smelly trees that you hang on your rear view mirror)

Marcus... (Where to start) completed his final season in basketball and baseball. In hoops his last 2 games scored his career high 7 points then on senior night (his last game) a few days later scored 8. All in the third quarter and first part of the 4th. Made a sort of close 8 point lead into 16 almost by himself. Layup Old fashioned 3 (fouled on offensive put back and 1) then a 3 from deep in the corner. Unfortunately he banged his knee with running back on defense and never returned to the court. Team went on to the sectional semifinals but lost in OT to the eventual Sectional champs, Skaneateles record was 18-2.

His baseball season was very good. Set school records for hits 35, doubles 8, and RBI's 31. Only struck out 3 times in about 80 plate appearances. Although he could not throw much at all, (pitching was out of the question) he was able to play first and play it well. Only 1 error in a little over 100 chances. Hit .475. Team finished with an 8-11 record.
He was named as a local athlete of the week by the local TV station late in the baseball season. Made first team All Frontier League, All-North first team and ALL-State 3rd team Class B. Thus he ends his baseball career on a pretty good note. think I will miss it more than him.

He graduated with honors in June, worked for the local baseball college summer league team in Watertown this past summer and entered Syracuse University in late August. Major is in Sports Management and Economics. He has adjusted quite well to college life. He is presently working as a student manager for the SU Women's Basketball team. (They should be petty highly ranked this season) (and you have to have been there a year before applying or the men's team) but the biggest news is if all continues to go as planned he may be doing an internship next summer with the BOSTON CELTICS... he has made the contacts and although not official yet looks like he's in.

I will be back for the duration Lord willing. There is a lot going on but seems no matter what the hurdle we face we clear it.

Think the world of all of you....

Beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

I'm back !! Empty Re: I'm back !!

Post by Matty Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:34 pm

welcome back beat....

now lets go chear us some Celtics!!!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Beat

I am glad you are back. Sounds like a lot of very positives things have been going on with you and your family

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Beat,

Thanks for (1) returning and (2) sharing the family news. It's great to hear that everyone's firing on all cylinders. I assume you're all prepared to hunker down for another Watertown Winter!

It's just so good to hear from you. To say anything further would be maudlin.

Welcome back, and please give my best to the family.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Beat, my daughter and grandson moved to Syracuse. They're both big Celtics fans. If you ever have any Celtics gatherings, let me know and I'll tell them.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

worcester wrote:Beat, my daughter and grandson moved to Syracuse. They're both big Celtics fans. If you ever have any Celtics gatherings, let me know and I'll tell them.
W,

Let me know when you come out this way for a visit. Perhaps we can take in a game either at SU or a C's game on the tube somewhere along with anyone else that can make it. Might be a short notice thing but sometimes they seem to work best.

What part of Syracuse does she live in?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Welcome back! Great to hear that you are well.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Beat,

So much I would like to say and none of it seems adequate.

I'll stick with welcome back!

Best to the family as well.

Best regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Baldwinsville NY
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:33 am

Beat,

Welcome back! You've been missed. I'll be interested to hear your take on the Celtics as the season progresses. It should be an interesting year.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 am

Welcome back beat.
We all missed you and hoped you would come back soon.
Glad to hear your family is doing well too.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

Beat,
Glad you are back.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Welcome back. With all that's going on you must be beat. But you don't seem beat. Actually you do...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 pm

beat!!

I missed ya. Glad all is well. It is starting to feel like October now!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down