A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey

3 posters

Go down

A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey Empty A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-very-small-sliver-of-light-from-gm.html

A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM Survey
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
by FLCeltsFan   1:31 PM

The annual GM survey was pretty much devoid of Celtics mentions except in one category.  Just go past all the team categories and all the individual honors down to the rookie listings and that is where you will find the Celtics lone entry in this survey.

A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey GM+Survey

Avery Bradley did get in there in 4th place as the best perimeter defender.  Rondo was second as best passer.     It was surprising that Rondo didn't get a mention as fastest with the ball.  He's pretty quick.  I guess it's out of sight, out of mind.

Just keep reminding yourself that this is a rebuilding year.  Having the biggest steal in the draft at where he was selected is a big deal if you are looking down the road to when this all comes together.  

bob
MY NOTE:  Over time, assuming he hits the weight room this off season with a vengeance, I have no doubt about this.  Interesting that KO was rated as a bigger steal than Steven Adams, a true center, who was taken only one or two spots ahead of KO and Dieng and Plumlee are nowhere to be found even though they were drafted much lower than KO.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey Empty Re: A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey

Post by Sam Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

Bob,

I know Kelly's quite good at finishing in transition, but does he look a little heavy-legged to you? It's possible to get out on the break by substituting anticipation and/or positioning for speed (Bird, Heinsohn, Nelson, etc.). But getting back on defense can be a different proposition. He has shown a propensity for rebounding offensively; but what will be the tradeoff between crashing the offensive boards and not getting back on "D."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey Empty Re: A Very Small Sliver of Light from the GM's Survey

Post by k_j_88 Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm

So far, I like Olynyk. He needs to bulk up and get himself better conditioned, but he plays hard and is an asset within transition. He can score, too, but I notice he tends to hesitate on open shots. I think his offensive struggles have been more mental than anything else.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down