Iverson in Philly..........

4 posters

Go down

Iverson in Philly.......... Empty Iverson in Philly..........

Post by beat Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Found this a bit amusing.

Bob Cooney, The Philadelphia Inquirer: "For the second straight day, Allen Iverson(notes) did not practice with the Sixers. Iverson had 55 CCs of fluid drained from his knee yesterday. The team said he is day-to-day with synovitis of the left knee. 'I think my knee will be a lot better being as I got it drained,' Iverson said. 'I think they said 55 CCs. That's a lot. That's more than I ever had before. I think it stems from me starting so fast and not having a chance to get a chance to practice."

Practice? Practice.........we're talking about practice!

So what's the losing streak at now?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Iverson in Philly.......... Empty Re: Iverson in Philly..........

Post by gacracker Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:50 pm

beat wrote:So what's the losing streak at now?

beat

I count five.

Philly, Denver, Detroit, Memphis and now Philly again. Five.

Sad career. Philly should know better than to be a two time loser.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:09 pm

I have to stick up for Iverson a little. He's tough as nails and has used skills and athletic ability to overcome his height disadvantage (though he does have a long wingspan). He's taken a pounding over the years and has lost a step, and as a result he can't explode away from people like he used to. He took a so-so Philly team to the finals. He led the league in minutes played per game seven times, steals three times, and scoring four times. He's had a remarkable career for someone his size.

Would I want him on my team? No, and I've felt that way since the beginning of his career. But he's far from the first ego-driven NBA player. The one aspect I have always appreciated is his toughness. He'd take it to the hoop fearlessly and accept the pounding from players who outweigh him by 50-100 pounds. Then he'd get up and do it again. All season long. And lead the league in minutes played. He could use a brain transplant but I do appreciate his toughness.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Outside

With you there. Fearless. Used to take it right at Jordan or rather right by him.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down