Faverani has MRI on Sore Back

3 posters

Go down

Faverani has MRI on Sore Back Empty Faverani has MRI on Sore Back

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:13 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4707645/faverani-gets-mri-on-sore-back

Faverani gets MRI on sore back
October, 24, 2013
OCT 24 7:00PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics rookie center Vitor Faverani underwent an MRI Thursday on a sore lower back and said he'll meet with team doctors Friday to examine the results.

Faverani was nearly a scratch for Wednesday's game against the Brooklyn Nets when his back stiffened up during warm-ups. Instead, he earned his first preseason start and responded with 15 points, 7 rebounds, and a whopping 6 blocks over 28 minutes.

Asked how he did that given the sore back that kept him out of Thursday's practice, Faverani offered, "Adrenaline. You want to play every time. After the game, when you relax, you feel some pains, but in the game, no."

Asked about those six blocks, even Faverani marveled at his rim defense.

"I think that’s the first time in my life I’ve blocked six shots," said Faverani. "It’s wonderful for me. I don’t know if that’s good luck, or one day you have timing. But I’m happy."

Celtics coach Brad Stevens said after Wednesday's game that the challenge for Faverani now is building off Wednesday's effort.

"I thought Vitor was really good," Stevens said. "Now I think the challenge for Vitor is, coming off of success, how do you handle that? I think that he’s shown nothing but a good maturity about him thus far. And I don’t have any reason to think that he won’t handle it well. For a rookie out there, I thought he looked pretty darn good -- albeit an old [rookie]."

Over eight preseason appearances, Faverani averaged 7.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.3 blocks over 15.5 minutes per game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Faverani has MRI on Sore Back Empty Re: Faverani has MRI on Sore Back

Post by Sam Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:03 pm

I'd love to see Faverani backing up Asik in Boston.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Hopefully it won't be a lingering injury.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down