76ers Release Royce White

4 posters

Go down

76ers Release Royce White Empty 76ers Release Royce White

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 pm

What a shame. SOOOOO much talent, SOOOOO much potential. I'm assuming this is because he can't get himself on planes...

41 home games, a bunch of games along the eastern seaboard (and Philly is well positioned in the middle) which make them accessible by train, bus and car (D.C., NYK, Nets) and he still wasn't worth it.

The silver lining here is that Sam and I didn't get our wish and move up to draft him. We'd have used the Melo pick and some other asset and we'd be in the exact same place we are today except minus that other asset.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

76ers Release Royce White Empty Re: 76ers Release Royce White

Post by Outside Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Despite the fact that this writer's second sentence isn't a sentence, I do think he has a point.

White, who struggles with anxiety disorder and who clashed with Rockets officials constantly in Houston, was thought to have been turning over a new leaf with a tanking rebuilding Philadelphia team. White, who does struggle with the condition but also routinely has clashed with anyone attempting to build structure around him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24132467/report-76ers-release-royce-white

I'm hardly an authority on the kid, but he seems like a nice, intelligent person in interviews I've seen. But he also come across at times with a sense of entitlement, like he deserves to be an NBA player and his team should do whatever he thinks is best to accommodate his disorder.

In the end, if his fear of airplane travel and other triggers (apparently conditioning drills is one of them) can't be managed effectively enough for him to live the life required of an NBA player, it's probably not the profession for him. I hope he finds something that works for him.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 pm

BobH,

Are you implying that you and I are a collective exercise in futility? No argument here.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I'll be nice and spare the covered wagon and transcontinental railroad snaps.

But I guess Philly finally figured that whatever positives he does have don't quite make up for his drawbacks.

Perhaps a team will be willing to pay him for 41 games a year. Means half a contract, right?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down