Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK

3 posters

Go down

Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK Empty Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Carmelo Recruiting Rondo To Knicks
Dec 06, 2013 12:47 PM EST

Rajon Rondo is getting closer to returning from a torn ACL and his future with the Boston Celtics remains uncertain.

Rondo has long been mentioned in trade rumors and is eligible for free agency in 2015.

"Whether he stays in Boston or not who knows," said Rondo's high school coach, Steve Smith of Oak Hill Academy. "I know, talking to Melo (Carmelo Anthony), he's recruiting Rajon to come to New York. Melo thinks he'll come too. You never know about that stuff though. I think either way, Rajon will be fine."

Via Jason Jordan/USA Today

bob
MY NOTE:  I think Melo is more likely to come to Boston, not that I'd want him here, than Rondo going to the train wreck which is NYK.  I mean, why would Rondo go from a weak team that is getting better and has a lot of good young talent and tons of draft picks to a team that can't find its own ass with both hands? Notice, I've completely discounted the suggestion in the article that says his future is uncertain. I do not believe Danny will trade Rondo, not unless he's getting feedback from his doctor that he's permanently damaged goods.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK Empty Re: Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK

Post by Sam Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:11 pm

The Knicks are currently in a worse state than the Celtics, and I'm not referring to New York vs. Massachusetts. It could be that the zenith of their current, injury-prone potential is now in the rear view mirror. And Carmelo, despite his 25 PPG, would do well to focus on reducing his hero-ball tendency when things go downward in favor of trying to enable teammates.

I do have one question about the Knicks. When they measure Iman Shumpert, does his hair count?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK Empty Re: Carmelo Recruiting Rondo to Come to NYK

Post by k_j_88 Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Aww that's sweet.

Too bad for him Rondo actually wants to stay in Boston.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:15 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/12/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_raj_3.html

Boston Celtics rumors 2013: If Carmelo Anthony is recruiting Rajon Rondo, Celtics guard says he doesn't know about it

Print Jay King, MassLive.com By Jay King, MassLive.com
on December 07, 2013 at 8:30 AM, updated December 07, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Rajon Rondo denied a rumor he has been recruited by New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, telling the Boston Herald their former high school coach must know something Rondo doesn’t.

Steve Smith, who coached both Rondo and Anthony at Oak Hill Academy, told USA Today that Anthony has recruited the Boston Celtics point guard to join the Knicks.

“Well, (Smith) must know something that I don’t know,” Rondo told the Herald’s Mark Murphy before his team's 106-98 victory against the Nuggets.

Since Rondo remains under contract through 2014-15 and the Knicks have very little to offer in a trade, nobody in Boston should be too concerned the four-time All-Star might suit up for the Orange and Blue -- at least any time soon. This week, Anthony was even rumored to want out of New York himself after the team's slow start, though he denied the report.

The Knicks star was also asked about Smith’s comments:

gary washburn @GwashburnGlobe
Follow
Carmelo Anthony on rumored recruitment of Rondo to play for #knicks: "C'mon, I don't want to talk about that. In my book that's tampering."

Rondo might also have pushed back the plan for his meeting with Dr. James Andrews, which could be when the injured All-Star receives full clearance for practices. Danny Ainge has said Rondo is scheduled to meet Andrews sometime in mid-December, but the point guard told the Herald he might see the surgeon "during my holidays."

Rondo was vague, obviously, but that sounds like an obvious reference to Christmas and the break the Celtics have after they visit the Pacers on Dec. 22. Boston doesn't play again until Dec. 28.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Funny. Carmelo didn't deny nor corroborate the rumors but Rondo sure struck it down.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down