Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens

3 posters

Go down

Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens  Empty Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:20 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/12/jordan_crawford_wants_to_repay.html

Jordan Crawford wants to 'repay' Brad Stevens by playing hard and doing what he can for the Boston Celtics

Print Jay King, MassLive.com By Jay King, MassLive.com
on December 05, 2013 at 3:58 PM

WALTHAM – Jordan Crawford, who has played very well this season, better than just about anyone expected, said he is trying to “repay” Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.

Crawford has repeatedly stated that he’s always been capable of such solid play, but just needed the opportunity to showcase his talents. Others might opine that Crawford has significantly limited his lapses in judgment and really matured as a player, but the guard believes all he needed was a shot.

Asked if Stevens has done anything differently from other coaches, Crawford said, “I think he’s just given me more of a chance, and I appreciate him for that. I just want to repay him by just playing hard, doing what I can for the team.”

It seems that the Celtics organization’s support of Crawford has really made a mark on the guard. During training camp, he referenced Danny Ainge’s comments portraying him as one of Boston’s best passers and someone who could fight for minutes at point guard.

“A lot of people know that,” Crawford told the Boston Herald, “but they ain’t going to say it because they dislike me.”

Stevens, too, firmly supported Crawford since Day 1. Literally on Day 1 of training camp, Stevens said Crawford impressed him with his shot selection and had been “the consummate teammate” and "very easy to coach" since Stevens arrived in Boston. It was a far cry from the way Doc Rivers treated Crawford; Rivers never really bashed Crawford through the media, but once said the guard belonged on the “All-Scare Team” for putting fear into other coaches as well as his own.

Not that Crawford has given Stevens any reason to criticize him, but I can’t remember one time the coach said bad words about his point guard. Stevens has reminisced about big shots Crawford hit at Xavier, noted how hard Crawford competes, and said Crawford is the type to spend his Saturday nights at the gym. After Crawford dove on the floor to save possession late in a win against the Orlando Magic, Stevens said, "I think the most excited I’ve been since I moved to Boston was when Jordan dove on that loose ball."

It has presented a little bit of a chicken-and-the-egg type of deal: Did the guard mature before Stevens arrived in Boston, or has the coach’s approach resulted in a big change? Maybe it's a combination of both. Crawford has harnessed his game and really bought into the team concept on both ends.

“I just take responsibility to get good shots every possession,” Crawford said. “Whether it’s getting a transition look or executing the play, just doing the things it takes to be a good team. Execute (from the) first through the fourth quarter.”

He added, “When we play together, that’s our strength. We win games like that.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens  Empty Re: Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens

Post by k_j_88 Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 pm

I think under Stevens he's been able to flourish, as opposed to Doc.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens  Empty Re: Jordan Crawford Wants To 'Repay' Brad Stevens

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:41 pm

As time goes by, the decisions made before this season are proving to be smarter than we ever thought. The time was obviously right for a coaching change, things were stale. Losing Paul and KG was tough, but as the season progresses it is entertaining to watch these guys develop. Of course, we had better not get too attached to anyone, because who knows what the future will bring with Danny at the helm.

I never thought you would hear me say these words, "change is good"
And that is why Crawford seems to be flourishing, he never would have got this shot with Doc in charge.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down