Happy 57th, Larry Legend

3 posters

Go down

Happy 57th, Larry Legend Empty Happy 57th, Larry Legend

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:15 pm

My apologies, in advance, for the sound track.  NOT what I would have chosen.  Anybody who finds better film, please post it.

Happy Birthday, Pride of French Lick.  Bill Walton said "I have always wanted to be part of something special, and when I got to Boston ... actually, when I bought, begged and pleaded my way onto the Celtics ... it was already a championship team. I was just glad to be able to sit there and cheer and to be Larry Bird's valet, to be sure that his shoes were fine and his uniform was folded neatly".

Shaquille O'Neal said that he thought a lot of what Bird did was just luck until he realized those lucky things kept happening.

One of my favorite parts of this video is the reaction by the HAWK'S bench. Even they were falling all over each other.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Happy 57th, Larry Legend Empty Re: Happy 57th, Larry Legend

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Best forward ever in the game, could carry a team on his back and make other players better, just filled up everything on the stat sheet over and over for years.

What a fockin shame as great as he was, we never got to see the greatest Bird team ever, it was denied with Len Bias untimely binge....that 87 team would/could have been even better than that 86 team. We lost a young stud with the swagger and talent to go right at the Barkleys, Malone, Dominque, Worthy and Jordan and Pippen.... That kid had the talent to play both forward positions and carry us as our young leaping rebounding dunking scoring stud/all star player for years, Bird would have made him so much better and his dynamic game would have made this team unbeatable for years. McHale and Larry could have rested/coasted alot more during regular season to be ready for playoff whippings and not gotten so broken down so fast as without him those two warriors were playing way too many minutes.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 am

Wow, 35 years since a shy 22-year-old Larry appeared and shocked my wife and myself as we were waiting in the lobby for our pre-marriage blood tests at the Celtics' doctor's office. He apparently had come directly from the airport (with his agent) for the physical that would start his Celtics career. It could be argued that he made even greater strides socially than on the court during his career. (Well, that may be a stretch, but not by much.)

Happy Birthday, Larry.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down