Mr. Sneaky Consistent

3 posters

Go down

Mr. Sneaky Consistent Empty Mr. Sneaky Consistent

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:45 am

Suppose an available player from another team would rank (if he were a Celtic) as follows among all Celtics who have played more than 100 minutes this season?

#1 in field goal shooting percentage
#1 in free throw shooting percentage
#1 in rebounds per minute
#1 in defensive rebounds per minute
$4 in offensive rebounds per minute
#1 in terms of LACK of turnovers per minute
#2 in blocks per minute
#1 in terms of defending against opposing bigs while committing only 3.7 personal fouls per 36 minutes

What would it be worth to acquire such a player for the Celtics?  Well, I have good news for you, folks.  He's already on the team!  His name is Kris Humphries.

I'm not about to spend the time it would take to track every one of these stats (or even one of them) for every individual game of the season, so this is where my story becomes more subjective.  It seems to me that, he's a better model of consistency than every other Celtic this season.  He comes in, is a rebounding machine, hits that pop shot, runs the floor (he's arguably the best Celtics trailer on the fast break), is almost always positioned where he should be given the game action, he takes almost only good shots, and he contests every shot by his man on defense.

He's no gazelle out there, and what he does is not always picture-postcard-pretty.  But he's a professional at all times.  He knows the game extremely well.  And I can't recall any games in which my admiration of him varies from minute to minute.  I have confidence in him when he's on the floor.  He's remarkably "unflamboyant."  He doesn't make a lot of post-game headlines, either positively or negatively.  He just plays the game the way it should be played virtually every night.  I call him "Mr. Sneaky Consistent."

If there's an unsung hero, or even an unsung MVP on the Celtics to date this season, my vote would go to Kris Humphries.  In my mind, in a few short months, he has emerged from being Mr. August-September-October on the Kardashian Komic Kalendar to being Mr. Sneaky Consistent on the 2013-14 Boston Celtics.

Glad you're here Kris.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mr. Sneaky Consistent Empty Re: Mr. Sneaky Consistent

Post by worcester Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Sam, I'm so glad to read someone acknowledging what a fine player Kris Humphries is. I don't get why anyone disrespects him for making a poor marriage choice. Who can blame him for succumbing to an ultra hottie, whacko as she may be? Hey, that's behind him. He's moved on and is playing serious ball for us. I'd much rather have him on the court than Kelly O., for whom I once had high hopes. With Rondo, Kris/Sully, Jeff Green, AB on the court all Danny really needs to do is get us a dependable center plus an outside shooter and we are in the mix, assuming that is the aggressive Jeff Green switch gets turned on by Rajon.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Sam

Great info. My observations even without crunching the numbers would certainly recognize his contributions
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Your right, dboss. I probably should have been a lot more concise and emphasized observation more than stats. But, when I happened to look at the numbers, I was actually stunned and so thought I'd share them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down