How Low Can They Go?

4 posters

Go down

How Low Can They Go? Empty How Low Can They Go?

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just starting threads (as long as they're not complete crap like we see on the Yahoo Contributor Network, also known as "cheap but unqualified labor".).  My opinion is that I'd be just fine with us having such a poor W-L record that we got a top 5 or 6 pick, just as long as we go down kicking and screaming and fighting against it as hard as we can.  There's no dishonor in losing if you don't have the horses you need to compete and win, there is dishonor only if you give it less than your best.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4710004/how-low-can-they-go

How low can they go?
January, 11, 2014
JAN 11 12:00 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

A month ago, Boston Celtics fans were processing the possibility that Boston could compete for the Atlantic Division title and a top-four seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Now, having lost seven straight and 10 of their last 11 overall, Boston finds itself with the possibility of owning the fourth worst record in the NBA after Saturday's action (the Celtics visit Portland, while the 76ers joust with the Knicks). A glance at the league standings through Friday's action:

How Low Can They Go? Ehr_bor_rou_sha

How fast have the C's plummeted? On Thursday, when ESPN.com's Lottery Mock Draft Machine debuted, Boston had a 2.8 percent chance of earning the top spot. A day later, it was up to 8.8 percent. Now running the machine virtually always leads to a top-six pick.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

How Low Can They Go? Empty Re: How Low Can They Go?

Post by KyleCleric Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Completely agree with you. With Rondo coming back though by the end of next week, the team should be a lot better. I think we're looking at the low point of this season.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

The potential range of outcomes for the Celtics' season is about as vast as for any team I can think of. I still think the most likely scenario is that they show significant improvement in the last couple of months of the season and either get into a playoff spot or come close.

Forsberg's type of prediction can't see past their current circumstances, when they're in the midst of what may be the toughest stretch of the season and are losing most of their games.

When they hit an easier stretch of the schedule and suddenly win some games, will Forsberg write another article about how they're ruining their draft position and can't make up their minds whether to tank or do well?
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Without Rondo, they will continue to lose games in streaks. It's an inevitability unfortunately as they lack the proper personnel to close out games on a consistent basis.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum