Humphries Continues To Produce When Opportunity Arises

Go down

Humphries Continues To Produce When Opportunity Arises Empty Humphries Continues To Produce When Opportunity Arises

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/1/12/5300406/kris-humphries-continues-to-produce-when-opportunity-arises

Kris Humphries continues to produce when opportunity arises
By TimMacLean  @TimMacLean_ on Jan 12 2014, 1:56a 18

Humphries Continues To Produce When Opportunity Arises 20140103_ajl_bt1_193.0_standard_709.0
Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports
Kris Humphries may have had his fair share of off-court issues but his on-court play is what truly deserves our attention.

For the majority of his 11 year career, Kris Humphries has been the definition of a solid role player. From rebounding, to playing defense, to even scoring the ball a little bit, the former Minnesota Gopher continues to prove that he can be productive when given the opportunity.

Over the last eight games, Humphries has continued to be one of the few bright spots for the Celtics, averaging a near double-double with 11.4 points and 9.4 rebounds in just 28.2 minutes a night.

What's more, despite his lack of size, Humph has provided the Celtics with some decent rim protection, rejecting, on average, exactly two of his opponents shot attempts during that same span.

But perhaps what’s most impressive about his recent play is the efficiency with which he’s scored the ball. He’s been solid around the rim - shooting 64.4 percent from less than five feet - and he’s even showed flashes of an above average mid-range game - shooting 57.1 percent from 10 to 14 feet and a scorching 63.6 percent from 20-24 feet.

While these numbers may come as a little bit of a surprise to some, they shouldn’t. After all, this is the same guy who averaged back-to-back double-doubles between the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.

So, why exactly am I throwing all these numbers at you? Well, it’s simple I suppose.

After all this guy has been through, whether it be the consistent heckling due to a failed marriage with a certain someone or the flack he got for getting into it with Rajon Rondo last year, it’s time we started recognizing Humph for his on-court production.

The way I see it, the more you focus on his personal life, the more you miss out on Kris’ gritty yet skilled style of play. I’m glad to see him having success again and even if he doesn’t stick around Boston for too long, it will still have been a pleasure watching him leave it all out on the floor time and time again.

All stats courtesy of the NBA.com statistical database.

bob
MY NOTE:  He's singing Sam's song.  Actually, I liked Hump before the season even started, I never got into the whole "Mr Kardashian" stuff and just looked at how he balls.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down