Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him

+3
tjmakz
k_j_88
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him Empty Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:50 pm

On 98.5 today, Ainge explained the Bogans situation.  Chris Forsberg transcribed it for ESPN Boston.com

“We were logjammed at all positions, but especially the 2 guard. He was not happy and just felt like — him and I both — came to the conclusion that he should just go home, spend time with his 10-year-old son and we’re just going to move on. I told him stay ready, if we have an injury and need him to come back. But it’s better for the team and better for him to part ways.”

bob
MY NOTE:  "stay ready, if we have an injury and need him to come back".  And now they're signing Chris Johnson to a 10-day because we're short at 2.  "Better for the team and better for him to part ways".  Hasta la Vista, Bogans, don't let the locker room door hit you in your overpaid ass when you leave.  Hey Danny!  How about working the phones to see if there are any teams in Europe or China that are interested!  Silver lining, every day we get closer to the trading deadline the more valuable Keith Bogans becomes to us.  His purpose, as known by all except him right from the beginning in July, may still be served.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him Empty Re: Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him

Post by k_j_88 Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:12 pm

I had to LOL at "stay ready" meanwhile Chris Johnson gets signed.

Danny is cold.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him Empty Re: Celtics Have Cut Bogans---Without Actually Cutting Him

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Bogans will officially be cut on 2/21 if Boston doesn't trade him by then.

At least by sending him home, they don't have to pay his daily meal per diem and wash his uniforms... :-)
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:58 pm

I have never heard of such bull in my life! $5 million overpaid dollars, and he is crying. Same with Wallace, he is soooo overpaid that no one will touch him. Maybe the NFL has it right, cut and be free whenever, there is so much wasted money in the NBA.

Why would anyone put Danny's back against the wall. How did he ever get that contract?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Rosalie,

Bogans had to receive that much money in order for the Brooklyn and Boston trade to work financially.

Bogans has never been a good NBA player.
Wallace is only overpaid because his game has deterioriated so quickly.
I don't think it's because of effort with Wallace.

Speaking of Wallace, how much do you think the Nets would want to take back this trade from two years ago? What a fleecing by Portland.

Traded by the Portland Trail Blazers to the New Jersey Nets for Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a 2012 1st round draft pick (Damian Lillard was later selected).
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 pm

It is going to be amazing how quick Brooklyn finds themselves at the bottom again. KG is just about done, Pierce is getting older as we speak, Williams is forever getting hurt, Johnson will never get a title. That leaves Lopez, do they want to make another trade with the Celtics?
HaHa. Billy king and Jason Kidd should be fired. Then, maybe he.could move the Nets to Russia. No one there will know what has transpired over the last couple of years. Harsh, I know, but what a mess

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It is going to be amazing how quick Brooklyn finds themselves at the bottom again. KG is just about done, Pierce is getting older as we speak, Williams is forever getting hurt, Johnson will never get a title. That leaves Lopez, do they want to make another trade with the Celtics?
HaHa. Billy king and Jason Kidd should be fired. Then, maybe he.could move the Nets to Russia. No one there will know what has transpired over the last couple of years. Harsh, I know, but what a mess

Rosalie

Rosalie,,

And anybody who does remember can be made to disappear.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It is going to be amazing how quick Brooklyn finds themselves at the bottom again. KG is just about done, Pierce is getting older as we speak, Williams is forever getting hurt, Johnson will never get a title. That leaves Lopez, do they want to make another trade with the Celtics?
HaHa.  Billy king and Jason Kidd  should be fired.  Then, maybe he.could move the Nets to Russia. No one there will know what has transpired over the last couple of years.  Harsh, I know, but what a mess

Rosalie

And the worse the better for us, we have all those first round picks of theirs !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have never heard of such bull in my life!  $5 million overpaid dollars, and he is crying.  Same with Wallace, he is soooo overpaid that no one will touch him.  Maybe the NFL has it right, cut and be free whenever, there is so much wasted money in the NBA.

Why would anyone put Danny's back against the wall.  How did he ever get that contract?

Rosalie

Rosalie

It is mind boggling that a guy is getting $5 million and has nothing better to do than complain. Oh yeah it is his competitive juices and not the money.

I have coined a new nickname for Wallace. I will henceforth only refer to him as The Dark Energy.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Bite the bullet and buy him out. The sooner the better.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:39 pm

I agree Sam. That kind of bad chemistry can only lead to bigger problems.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Rosalie, how are you and Bill doing on the health front?

Looking forward to meeting you in March.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 pm

We are hanging in there Sam. Bill,is doing good. I I have had many issues to deal with, landed in the hospital with a problem with my blood, I take Coumadin and it is extremely hard to keep at a good level. My Lupus interferes with it a lot. My heart is good, we go to the gym and keep moving.

We are both looking forward to our March get together. Finally, we shall meet!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Stick with it, Rosalie. I'm on the blood thinner track too, although Plavix is not as finicky as Coumadin. You've definitely had a real rough patch, and we're all behind you 110%.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks Sam, it means a lot to me. Everyone has been so great!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down