In The Bonus: Wallace Better Since Crawford Trade

Go down

In The Bonus:  Wallace Better Since Crawford Trade Empty In The Bonus: Wallace Better Since Crawford Trade

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/bonus-wallace-better-crawford-deal?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

In the Bonus: Wallace better since Crawford deal
February 5, 2014, 3:30 pm

In The Bonus:  Wallace Better Since Crawford Trade Byline-blakely-cdc

Although the Celtics have struggled of late, Gerald Wallace's play has picked up since the team traded away Jordan Crawford last month.

Before the trade, Wallace averaged 22.1 minutes per game. In the eight games he has played since then, Wallace's playing time has increased to 29.1 minutes per game.

Of course injuries to Boston guards Jerryd Bayless (toe) and Avery Bradley (ankle) certainly factored into Wallace's increased playing time. But to Wallace's credit, he has made the most of his increased workload by doing more than just impacting the game with his hustle and energy.

Wallace has averaged 5.3 shot attempts since the trade, compared to 3.1 prior to that. And that has increased his scoring average from a pre-Crawford trade of 4.0 points per game, to 7.7 since then.

Although Wallace's perimeter game has improved, he has been most effective of late scoring around the basket. Since the trade, Wallace has shot 72 percent inside the paint which is the fifth-highest percentage since Jan. 15 -- the day of the trade.

And Wallace is hoping to build on that tonight after sitting on the bench during Sunday's win over Orlando, which came after he rejoined the team following the death of a family member.

"I was there to play (on Saturday)," Wallace said. "I was just basically physically and mentally tired. I told coach (Brad Stevens) that, but I let him know that if he needed me to play, I was here to play."

The time away, Wallace said, has been good for him both physically and mentally.

"I feel good, rested," said Wallace who missed a couple days of practice. "Slept the whole two days, missed the Super Bowl and everything. I was able to get my rest, get some sleep. It felt good to get back on the court and just run and sweating with the guys, you know kind of getting active and just move on from there."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down