The Good News & The Problem

4 posters

Go down

The Good News & The Problem Empty The Good News & The Problem

Post by 112288 Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 am

The good news is that Williams will take Baby's place again and get his minutes back. I do not understand Doc and his coaching. Ok, Babycame back and is getting minutes, but you cannot find any minutes for Williams to allow him to maintain game shape. The guy gave you quality minutes, was a banger and rebounder and has some scoring. I think Doc is as much of the problem as the players when it comes to playing the bench and handling his players who are not executing. If a guy will not listen or is not executing, bench him!

The Problem. Doc you have to stop inserting House at point guard. It is painfully obvious that the team as a whole lacks any leadership or creativity when House is playing point guard. For one, House has no vision or feel for the flow of the game to be a point guard, second he cannot execute as a point guard because he does not have the physical ability or talent to dribble, drive and cut to the basket. He is for one thing too slow. Third, his shooting is awful. He has regressed since last year in a big way. Is it his legs that are failing him in that he cannot get enough vertical to shoot, is he one step too slow or has his playing point guard hurt his timing?

I say give Hudson a shot during prime time and see how the kid does. He cannot be as bad as House and TA playing point guard have been.

Back to top Go down

The Good News & The Problem Empty Re: The Good News & The Problem

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 am

Glen Davis is a much more talented player than Sheldon Williams, and while I agree that Doc should try and find minutes for both of them – when he can’t, Davis should get them. He needs to get in game shape and down the stretch of the playoffs, he will be a much more valuable player to this team than Sheldon Williams. Watching Baby the last two games – you can see a spark that Sheldon just doesn’t have IMO. He is quick to the ball, aggressive, knows the defensive rotations better, takes more charges – I don’t think it is even close as to who the better player is.

House playing PG – I agree, but don’t see there are any other options until Daniels is back. Lester Hudson is not the answer, and will gain much more playing substantive minutes every night in Portland. Eddie’s shooting is a bit off, but part of that is him being forward to expend energy bringing the ball up and covering explosive PGs on defense. Get Daniels and Pierce back, free up Eddie to play more 2 – and his shooting will improve. I am not worried about him at all.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Kleen

Baby is also getting a mess of offensive rebounds.

Will say it again suit up Lue. Hope they handle Rondo's hammy right them damn things can linger.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08 am

Baby can be posted on,SW also better defensive rebounder and finisher around basket,Baby gets shot blocked alot.....SW makes our 2nd team defense better,lets try Baby at the 3.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down