Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18

+3
Outside
k_j_88
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18 Empty Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:30 pm

I put all this on the thread "Kyle Anderson Declares For the Draft"  thread but didn't get much response to that (perhaps because nobody knows or cares who Kyle Anderson is), but if Draft Express thinks this guy is going to be in green next year, then maybe he's worth his own thread.

btw, draftexpress.com has Kyle Anderson getting picked by Phoenix one pick ahead of us at #17.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Clint-Capela-6359/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18 Empty Re: Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18

Post by k_j_88 Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm

He's quite athletic. At 6'10", I do kinda wish he was taller. But if he can block shots at that clip, that's a great plus.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18 Empty Re: Draft Express Has Us Picking This Guy With #18

Post by Outside Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Bob,

Prior to the Kyle Anderson thread you started, I wrote a post about him on a different thread.

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t6645-could-the-celtics-use-another-driver-in-the-bag#108455

I'll repeat it on your Anderson thread, since it seemed to get missed in the shuffle on that other thread.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:13 pm

How can they predict like that?  They have no idea whom the Celtics will take with their first pick.  Suppose the Celtics take Exum with their #1 pick.  What are the chances they'll take Anderson too?  There's always a context, and mock drafts are powerless to deal with it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey, that would be quite the passing lineup:
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Dante Exum
SF: Kyle Anderson
PF: Kelly Olynyk
C: Jared Sullinger

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:27 pm

KyleCleric wrote:Hey, that would be quite the passing lineup:

we should be so lucky, I'll take this line up because we would have Exum who did I tell ya I think is the most talented and versatile player in the draft? I want to see anyone at SF not named Jeff Green, and we still have further time to figure out getting a center....in the meantime we'd be enjoyable to watch, Pheonix Suns East, running and gunning and spreading the floor, with Rondo and Exum you are attacking with virtually 2 points.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:

we should be so lucky, I'll take this line up because we would have Exum who did I tell ya I think is the most talented and versatile player in the draft? I want to see anyone at SF not named Jeff Green, and we still have further time to figure out getting a center....in the meantime we'd be enjoyable to watch, Pheonix Suns East, running and gunning  and spreading the floor, with Rondo and Exum you are attacking with virtually 2 points.

Well when you add in Anderson, that's really 3 points.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:49 pm

3 point guards, 2 with athletic wing ability and 2 stretch PF's....were refining, defining the game again!!! if Rondo gets consistent with the long ball look out!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm

I certainly hope you're just pointing out the oddity of a lineup with three point guards and aren't serious about wanting that particular lineup.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:30 pm

the line up is odd, maybe odd enough to work?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Sullinger still out of position as an undersized and overwhelmed center, two rookies, one of whom (Anderson) would be comically slower than the opposing SF every night, a less than consistent Olynyk now put into a position of having to produce consistently, and Rondo, who should be better next season but will still be challenged to score outside of five feet. For defense and rebounding? Well, let's not think about that.

That lineup would make you long for the good old days of this season.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:33 pm

We're picking 17 with our second pick, not 18. Brooklyn won the flip with Washington today.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 pm

steve3344 wrote:We're picking 17 with our second pick, not 18.  Brooklyn won the flip with Washington today.

Draftexpress, as of noon EDT, has not updated its website to show us picking 17th.

All that would mean is that Kyle Anderson would be available to us IF we want him.

Personally, I think I'd rather have a 6'9" PG that could end up being a poor man's Grant Hill someday than another toothpick who is spending his time learning the difference between Euro ball and NBA ball and trying not to get pushed so far underneath the basket he's practically a photographer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:11 pm

I would not suggest the Celtics take the Miami Heat route and forgo the need at center. Unless you have at least 3 of the top players in the league, it will not work.

OKC and the Pacers have the right idea.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:15 pm

we need a center, I was just thrilled in that scenario we got Exum....its just basketball, that line up would be interesting.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down