Jeff Green "Eminently Available"

4 posters

Go down

Jeff Green "Eminently Available" Empty Jeff Green "Eminently Available"

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Jeff Green 'Eminently Available' In Trade If Contending Team Views Him As Fit
Apr 23, 2014 11:02 PM EDT

Jeff Green has two more seasons at $9.2 million per year left on his contract with the Boston Celtics, the second of which non-guaranteed.

Green is "eminently available" if a contending team believes in the veteran forward as a fit, according to a report. Green could provide a third or fourth scorer on a contender.

Green averaged 16.9 points and 4.6 rebounds this season.

Via Mark Murphy/Boston Herald

bob
MY NOTE:  Everybody on this roster is "available".  That's what happens when you only win 25 games.  Is Jeff Green MORE available than others?  Other than Gerald Wallace, and his contract, I'd say yes.  Not really news here, perhaps just an indication by Mark Murphy as to just how much of a seller Danny is.  I wouldn't be surprised if the inclusion of either one of those two players were a requirement by Danny in any trade.  He really could be thinking "if I could unload Green or Wallace then I could draft Aaron Gordon for a fraction of the price".  Chandler Parsons had a dynamite year, but he's shooting 41.7% in the playoffs so far.  I don't think they'd trade Parsons, who is very good and is on a 2nd round pick rookie contract, but they might see the need for depth at 3, especially since Royce White didn't work out for them. I didn't know Green's last year wasn't guaranteed. That's another reason why Danny might be eager to move him. He either picks up the guarantee at the end of next year, at $9.2M, or he doesn't and then it's a sign-and-trade at best. From a trading partner's perspective, Jeff Green is an expiring contract. If Green's Bird Rights go with him, that's worth something too.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jeff Green "Eminently Available" Empty Re: Jeff Green "Eminently Available"

Post by Outside Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Like Bob said, of course he's available, but how much credence should we give an article that provides a direct quote ("eminently available") but doesn't identify the source in any way ("according to a report")?

I wish news outlets had standards for what they allow to get published rather than feel the need to put something, anything, and call it "news."
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Seems as though the word "eminently" is just a new way of trying to dress up the same old news.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:22 pm

sam wrote:Seems as though the word "eminently" is just a new way of trying to dress up the same old news.

Sam

sam,

That would appear to be eminently so.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 pm

From now on, my nickname for Jeff will be "His Eminence."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Perhaps it was written to keep the vitriol-fueled types from boiling over.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down