9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Best Tweets Of The Day Empty Best Tweets Of The Day

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

6/9/14

Win

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop about 6 hours ago
California Chrome answers his critics: "I'm retiring to have sex for the rest of my life. You?" #talkinghorse

Place

Jessica Camerato @JCameratoNBA about 4 hours ago
Sebastian Telfair is 29 today. Time flies when you're a high school phenom.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Gary Dzen @GaryDzen about 5 hours ago
Fan hit by Williams homer: "They say it bounced a dozen rows higher, but after it hit my head I was no longer interested.”

Reply Retweet Favorite

Honorable Mentions

Jared Weiss @CLNS_JaredWeiss about 2 hours ago
Derek Fisher is retiring and getting a $3.6m raise. Not a bad day at work. #Knicks

Reply Retweet Favorite

Steve Luhm @sluhm 2 minutes ago
By hiring Derek Fisher, Phil Jackson proves he wants to still coach. He just doesn't want to travel.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Best Tweets Of The Day Empty Re: Best Tweets Of The Day

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 am

6/10/14:

Win

Kyle Draper @KyleDraperTV 10 Jun 08:57 ET
Pisses me off RT @WHAS11Renee: There have been at least 74 shootings in schools since Newtown wapo.st/1oJzGXJ via @washingtonpost

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21 10 Jun 09:40 ET
The funny thing is the people that say they don't like the NBA nowadays are the same ones who say the Spurs are boring.

Show

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21 10 Jun 10:44 ET
Preach, Jeff Van Gundy! The only way to cure flopping is to stop rewarding guys with fouls.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Cure for flopping? Stop giving the advantage to superstars and call things fairly...

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:49 am

6/11/14:

Win

Joe Cowley @suntimes_hoops 11 Jun 09:01 ET
... then he quietly sneaks into his office, puts on some Boston Celtics championship film from 5 years ago, and cries himself to sleep.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  This would be Joe Cowley of the CHICAGO Sun Times.  He's talking about Thibs.

Place

Sam Amick @sam_amick 11 Jun 06:45 ET
On the Kevin Love front, I'm told the Houston Rockets are pretty sure they're outgunned in terms of having the assets that Minnesota wants.

USA TODAY Sports

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show - Photo Finish

Ray Richardson @twolvesnow 11 Jun 10:14 ET
WOLVES NOW: Kevin Love talks, says his heart hurts from playoff absences and calls #Twolves "they." blogs.twincities.com/timberwolves/w…

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  When a player refers to his current team in the 3rd person plural, do not believe the GM when he says he expects him to be with that team next season.

Jerry Zgoda @JerryZgoda 11 Jun 10:06 ET
So Wolves Nation...would you rather see KLove traded to Sacramento or Cleveland?

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Hell Hath No Fury...

Honorable Mention

Magic Johnson @MagicJohnson 11 Jun 12:04 ET
The Spurs hot shooting in the 1st half reminded me of the 1985 NBA Finals when the Celtics led by Larry Bird blew out my “Showtime” Lakers!

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Classy as always. Too bad he couldn't buy the Clips, the competition in LA-LA land would become fierce and fun. Certainly an upgrade in the quality of the front office.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:04 pm

I just watched the 30th anniversary of the '84 NBA finals 7th game on one of the ESPN channels. Magic was classy after the loss in a post-game interview there as well.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Me too Gyso. This is how crazy I am! I cry watching "the good old days".

Right now I am watching the Spurs beating Miami and getting excited. I am not a big Spurs fan, but, we are talking MIAMI. I would be delighted to see them go home up 3-1.

Rosalie

By the way, how is your brother doing? Good I hope. And you?
Have a good time with Beat this weekend, he is a great guy.
Happy Father's Day!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 pm

I echo the question about your brother, gyso.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm

And to you my friend Sam, a very Happy Father's Day. Done moving?

To each and every Father here on the board, Happy Father's Day!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Rosalie and Sam,

The good news is that he is cancer free and my stem cells successfully grafted in his bone marrow.  One side affect is that his blood type changed to mine (A to O).

Other than that, my brother cannot get a break.  When he first got out of the hospital, it seems that it was too soon.  He had not been able to keep solid food down, and because of his general weakness (due to not eating and being confined to his hospital room for over a month) he fell down the stairs at home.  Back to the hospital via ambulance.

At the hospital, he finally is able to eat,  Instead of going home, he goes to a physical therapy place.  He starts to get stronger, but comes down with a head-to-foot rash, which is due to his body's last stand against my stem cells.  Back to the hospital.

He gets cured of the rash and this time goes to a therapy place that is specifically designed for cancer patients. There he gets another infection and has to go back to the hospital.  He is still there today.

Somewhere along his journey he was given some steroids, which have affected his brain.  He has a hard time concentrating and isn't as quick as he was.  Hopefully this is a temporary setback.

My oldest sister (a breast cancer survivor) says that it took her a year to get back to feeling herself after chemo, so he still has a way to go.

For me, I had a problem with some general fatigue for a week or two.  My batteries ran down early in the afternoon and I found myself taking some serious power naps after lunch.  I also was prone to hot flashes during the first week, but that is about it. I can't complain (I don't dare to) compared to what he has and is still going through.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:53 pm

God Bless him, it is a battle. I know a lot about that. Thank God, I am starting to feel stronger, planning a long awaited Girls week in NYC.
It is tough, so many parts of your body are affected.

Take care of yourself, you have a good, long life ahead! He was fortunate to have you.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

gyso,

What a horror story!  I hope your brother is able to maintain a positive attitude despite all these setbacks.  Please let him know there's a whole bunch of people he's never met who are sending buckets of energy and support his way.

Can I assume you're back to your regular self by now?  Maybe you wouldn't be taking a trip to Syracuse if you weren't.  I sure hope you're totally recovered.

I've never heard of a person's blood type changing for any reason.  That's amazing.  Isn't Type O Universal Donor?  That makes it even more amazing.

All the best, and a big hug to Janie.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:06 am

Gyso,

All the best to you and your brother. My Dad had a four-day hospital stay for surgery turn into five months in the hospital and a skilled nursing facility because of a staph infection. It was a long, hard journey, but he's made a recovery that didn't seem possible during some dark days.

I know not everyone has such a positive outcome, but some do, and I hope your brother can join their ranks.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:16 am

GYSO

some one needs to throw you a hanging curve. Then all you need to do is hit it out.

Guess we all have battles these days, I have a step sister that was involved in a serious accident 2 weeks ago, she was riding in the backseat of a car that got rear-ended. She is in rehab now but confined to a wheelchair and may never walk again. Community is supporting her, local lumber hardware store is donating all the lumber for the ramps that will be needed at her home, Other fundraisers by the school where she works will be put to equipment she will need.

There is still the chance she will walk as there is still swelling in the area she broke her back and Dr's say the spinal column appears undamaged. Time and prayers will tell.

Sounds like your brother is a fighter. Hope the weather clears for this evening, I'm looking forward to it. We plan on being at the restaurant about 5-5:15,

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:04 pm

gyso wrote:Rosalie and Sam,

The good news is that he is cancer free and my stem cells successfully grafted in his bone marrow.  One side affect is that his blood type changed to mine (A to O).

Other than that, my brother cannot get a break.  When he first got out of the hospital, it seems that it was too soon.  He had not been able to keep solid food down, and because of his general weakness (due to not eating and being confined to his hospital room for over a month) he fell down the stairs at home.  Back to the hospital via ambulance.

At the hospital, he finally is able to eat,  Instead of going home, he goes to a physical therapy place.  He starts to get stronger, but comes down with a head-to-foot rash, which is due to his body's last stand against my stem cells.  Back to the hospital.

He gets cured of the rash and this time goes to a therapy place that is specifically designed for cancer patients. There he gets another infection and has to go back to the hospital.  He is still there today.

Somewhere along his journey he was given some steroids, which have affected his brain.  He has a hard time concentrating and isn't as quick as he was.  Hopefully this is a temporary setback.

My oldest sister (a breast cancer survivor) says that it took her a year to get back to feeling herself after chemo, so he still has a way to go.

For me, I had a problem with some general fatigue for a week or two.  My batteries ran down early in the afternoon and I found myself taking some serious power naps after lunch.  I also was prone to hot flashes during the first week, but that is about it. I can't complain (I don't dare to) compared to what he has and is still going through.

gyso

gyso,

If there's anything behind the theory of the power of prayer you and your brother have that wind at your back from this board.

As Winston Churchill said "When you're going through Hell, keep going"

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:35 pm

6/12/14:

Win

Dwain Price @DwainPrice about 10 hours ago
The experts had the #Heat blowing out the #Spurs in Games 3 and 4. At least they got the blowout part right. #helpMelo

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP about 11 hours ago
Now, not everyone comes out flat in the Finals on June 12. Happy 30th "climb on my back" anniversary to my partner. http://t.co/hhaLvIgBZL

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Compare that to this post-game comment by LeBron: "It's not all on my shoulders."

Show

Tom Haberstroh @tomhaberstroh about 11 hours ago
Chris Bosh: "I don't care about the odds. Odds are for people that can't do it." | I don't know what that means, but it seems profound.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Actually, odds are for people who understand math.

Joseph Goodman @JoeGoodmanJr about 11 hours ago
Wade: "There is no 'i' in team, but there is an 'i' in individual … You have to look at yourself first."

Reply Retweet Favori

MY NOTE:  Another "I don't know what it means but it sounds profound" comment.

Honorable Mentions

Sean Highkin @highkin about 10 hours ago
My new steez is going to be writing about basketball like it's art. Talking about influences and movements and shit. We off hot takes.

MY NOTE:  Oh no!  Jordan Crawford has entered the USA Today lexicon!

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell about 10 hours ago
Two weeks before the draft the Hornets canned their top player-personnel guy, Some would say that's bizarre: blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba…

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  I guess MJ is back from the golf course with the usual result, chaos.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Bron, your shoulders are a slippery slope.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:35 am

6/14/14:

Win

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 39 minutes ago
Tony Parker on closing out the Heat: "We just have to think about last year. We don't need more motivation than that."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 45 minutes ago
Reporter: "If you get a championship, who will be your Finals MVP candidate, who is the strongest one?" Gregg Popovich: "Next question."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 44 minutes ago
Gregg Popovich was asked about Tim Duncan becoming all-time leader in playoff minutes & double-doubles: "I can assure you he doesn't care."

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:52 am

One thing about Pop.  He steadfastly refuses to stoop to others' levels just to help the media machine.  Just as he steadfastly refuses to stoop to players' levels in insisting that the players rise to his level of expectations.  That's something he and Red have/had in common.)

I'm perfectly prepared to anoint Pop as the second best coach of all-time, after Red.  Phil Jackson depended on being handed great players to win.  Pop (again in common with Red) has relied upon great strategy to win with some very good players complementing one another beautifully.  Sorry, TJ, but Phil's not even in the same rarified cosmos with either of them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

6/15/14:

A LOT to go through today.  Yesterday was a heavy twitter day...

Win

John Reid @JohnReid64 15 Jun 10:37 ET
It's nice to watch a team that doesn't run isolation plays on every possession and have players standing around. Spurs don't play like that.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA 15 Jun 09:41 ET
I don't know who LeBron James is going to see in his nightmares more this summer, Kawhi Leonard or Dwyane Wade.

Show

Ben Golliver @BenGolliver 15 Jun 11:45 ET
"We're a true team." Tony Parker

Honorable Mentions:

Tom Ziller @teamziller 15 Jun 10:53 ET
::eagerly awaits Kobe's tweet congratulating Duncan on catching up::

Reply Retweet Favorite

Ben Golliver @BenGolliver 15 Jun 11:33 ET
"We went to four straight Finals. ... We'll take 50 percent in four championships any day." LeBron James

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  That is PRECISELY why you are not Bill Russell (or any of his teammates) nor MJ (nor any of his teammates).  In fact, you're not even Bird or Magic, since they weren't satisfied or at peace with losing even if they had won the previous year.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:49 pm

6/18/14

Win

Mark Woods @markbritball about 25 minutes ago
My money’s still on Spain to reach the World Cup final.

MY NOTE:  This was tweeted after Spain was eliminated.

Place

Mike Prada @MikePradaSBN about 33 minutes ago
Smarter soccer people than me: Spain basically had a team of 11 Dwyane Wades, right?

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 1 hour ago
These reasons and more are why it cracks me up to hear fans say, "Cavs MUST take Player X." Truth is, you don't know and neither do I.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Part of that is simple truth and part of that is "it's the Cavs"

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Ben Golliver @BenGolliver 15 Jun 11:33 ET
"We went to four straight Finals. ... We'll take 50 percent in four championships any day." LeBron James

^This was such a weak comment on Lebron's part. Getting beat 4-1 is pretty bad.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

6/19/14:

Win

Charles F. Gardner @cf_gardner 4 minutes ago
ESPN reports possible No. 1 pick Joel Embiid has suffered a foot injury.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Frank Madden @brewhoop 3 minutes ago
Problem with foot injury is that it's arguably a bigger deal than the back injury we knew about. Ask Yao and Brook Lopez.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21 about 7 minutes ago
Joel Embiid can't even stay healthy in the pre-draft process. Have to be crazy to take him with a top 3 pick this year.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 3 minutes ago
If Joel Embiid keeps getting hurt, the Jazz might be able to get him at No. 23.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Or the Celtics at #17.

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons about 9 minutes ago
Also - major ramifications for Boston's potential Kevin Love deal. Can't see them giving up the farm for Love if Embiid might fall to 6.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Joseph Goodman @JoeGoodmanJr about 10 minutes ago
Riley says "talk to Bill Russell" about mental and physical strain of always competing for a championship.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick about 11 minutes ago
Riley using tough love approach today. "They should all sit down and have a conversation with Bill Russell."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Ryan McNeill @ryanmcneill 2 minutes ago
I love this juicy LeBron James scoop Bill Simmons dropped: "He goes back to Cleveland and convinces Carmelo to come with him."

MY NOTE:  I love that Bill Simmons is a die-hard Celtics fan, and I enjoy his writing style, but he is starting to looking increasingly like a total caricature.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:40 pm

He thinks because he is now nationally known everything he says is being taken as truth/ As far as I am conceerned, even though I love that he makes no bones about being a Celtic fan, he is no better than Bleacher Report bloggers.

We all can come up with theories, throw them against the wall, and hope they stick

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Nice compliment to Russ by Riley.  However, I think Lebron is far too self-absorbed to understand and apply the Russell philosophies.  Lebron tries to say all the right things (although one can tell it's sometimes a terrible strain), but his love affair with his ego is far too transparent.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

sam wrote:Nice compliment to Russ by Riley.  However, I think Lebron is far too self-absorbed to understand and apply the Russell philosophies.  Lebron tries to say all the right things (although one can tell it's sometimes a terrible strain), but his love affair with his ego is far too transparent.

Sam

Sam,

LeBron:  "talk to who?".

Riley:  "Bill Russell, the greatest winner in sports history.  He won 11 championships in 13 years".

Lebron:  "He wore #23 too?"

Riley: "No Lebron, he wore #6"

Lebron:  "But I wear #6!  Now I'm going to have to change numbers again!"

Cue KJ's avatar.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down