the long awaited mock draft 2.0!!!

2 posters

Go down

the long awaited mock draft 2.0!!! Empty the long awaited mock draft 2.0!!!

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:29 am

Very Happy 

June 21
TRADE: Cleveland trades #1 pick to Philadelphia for #3 and #10 picks
1. Phil- Andrew Wiggins- 76ers are forced to trade up for the guy they want now.

TRADE: I  see Milwaukee trading #2 to Orlando for #4 and #12 picks
2. Orl- Jabari Parker- Orlando pairs Parker with Oladipo to give themselves a young pair of athletic future stars.

3. Clev- Joel Embiid- Cav’s play the trade game well  and get Embiid here and another Lotto pick for a player who can play THIS year.

4. Mil- Dante Exum- Word is Milwaukee really wants Exum, the trade allow them to get their man AND a #12 pick to boot.

5. Utah- Noah Vonleh- Utah gets another player to mix and match with Favors and Katner inside.

6. Bos- Aaron Gordon- If Ainge decides to stay the course a future front line of Sullinger, Olynyk and Gordon could be very good.

7. LAL- Julius Randle- Tough choice between Smart and Randle here, but I see the Lakers going with the potential 20pt/10 reb player.

8. Sac- Marcus Smart- the Smart pick here allows the Kings to let Thomas walk if he gets too big an offer. But they can also keep him and have a young three guard rotation of McLemore, Thomas and Smart.

9. Char- Doug McDermott-  I can see this pick being traded for a vet player. But if not  McBuckets fills a need as an outside shooter here.

10. Clev- Rodney Hood- Cleveland uses additional pick for wing  player.

TRADE:   I have Denver trading pick #11 to Phoenix for picks #14 and #18.
11. Pho- Nik Stauskas- the suns need another shooting Guard and with three picks in the first round they can make this move. For some reason I just see Stauskas playing for Hornacek.

12. Mil- Dario Saric- Milwaukee has no problem taking overseas players and getting Saric and Exum out of this draft is a good move for them.

13. Minn- Gary Harris- Harris is probably the best player available and also a need at 2 guard for Minny.

14. Den- Zach LeVine- The Nuggets move down and get an athletic player who could team up with Lawson to form an imposing backcourt in the future.

15. Atl- James Young- Hawks need back court depth and Young could be a good one in a few years.

16.  Chic- Elfrid Payton- Payton moves up the board and the Bulls need depth at guard.

17.  Bos-  Kyle Anderson- Could develop into a Boris Diaw type of NBA player. If so,  you find a position for him if/when he does.

18.  Den- Jusuf Nurkic- With only Mozgov and the problematic McGee at center, Denver can use the additional pick they got for a Euro project here.

19. Chic- Adreian Payne- Since  Boozer is likely gone , they need some young players inside.

20. Tor- Tyler Ennis-  Raptors need a back up at the point, even IF Lowery stays as an UFA.

21. Okl- KJ McDaniels- Sefolosha is a FA and McDaniels is good cheaper replacement.

22. Mem- TJ Warren- Prince is on his final year of his deal and is old at SF. Warren might be able to step in as a starter in his second year.

23. Utah- Jordan Adams- Jazz can address the depth problem at off guard with this pick.

24. Char- Clint Capela- Hornets should  grab this big man here, even if he stay in Europe an additional year.

25. Hou- PJ Hairston-  This pick will probably be traded in an effort to g et a third all –star. But if they keep it,  they need depth behind Harden at SG and Hairston has the body to play the three position some also.

26. Mia- Shabazz Napier- Chalmers is likely gone and Napier’s age/experience may allow him to get minutes there.

27. Pho- Cleathony Early- Suns can use another player up front and Early may find minutes quicker than expected.

28. LAC- Jerami Grant- Athelic youngster who will need time. But since Doc doesn’t like to play Rookies, I can see this pock traded.

TRADE: Oklahoma trades #29 to Philadelphia for #32 & #47 picks
29. Phil- Mitch McGary- Philly has a glut of second round picks and move back into the late first round for inside depth.

30. SA- Walter Tavares- Typical Spurs draft and stash here. This assumes that both Duncan and Ginobili play another year and that Diaw resigns as well.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

the long awaited mock draft 2.0!!! Empty Re: the long awaited mock draft 2.0!!!

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:33 am

Compelling scenarios, particularly those at the top of the draft.

Would Cleveland and Milwaukee really trade away a chance for a once in every 10 years talent? Should be fun to watch how everything unfolds next Thursday.

Thanks for this contribution, was a very interesting read.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:39 am

k_j_88 wrote:Compelling scenarios, particularly those at the top of the draft.

Would Cleveland and Milwaukee really trade away a chance for a once in every 10 years talent? Should be fun to watch how everything unfolds next Thursday.

Thanks for this contribution, was a very interesting read.

KJ

I assume here that Cleveland sees Embiid as their guy, but can't pull the trigger at #1 with the new foot injury. so getting #3 and #10 allow them to pick him.

Same thing with Milwaukee, IF they want Exum and can get an additional early draft pick back.

both deals (if ever made) could come always come back to bite them.

Note: I corrected the dual Payton pick, Ennis goes to Toronto at #20.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down