Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things!

+2
mrkleen09
6 posters

Go down

Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things! Empty Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things!

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

Last nights loss showed us a number of things;

1) The NBA and the Ref's are becoming more brazen and arrogant in their play calling especially by calling such a one sided game in front of the home crowd. I guess you cannot even feel safe at home any more!

2) I guess the lack of conditioning or the lack of out put caught up with Rasheed Wallace yesterday. After a great game where he finally put continuous effort in for every minute played he comes up lame for the next game. Wow, Doc better get out a heart monitor for the next game Rasheed plays at the level he gave us Sunday!

I THINK MIKKI MOORE IS STILL AVAILABLE!

3) Big Baby ought to call Bill Belichickk. I think Bill may have a job for him as a defensive lineman. If the Celtics are building the future team around the likes of Big Baby, we are in for a long dry spell. Not that I don't like Big Baby as a person, he's a great guy but his weight is becoming more of a factor and limiting some great skills that he possesses. As he ages, the weight will become more of a factor. He looks more heavy now then last year. He cannot jump and rebound effectively unless he truly gains position on his opponent and he cannot drive to the basket with the ball and finish without getting the stuffing knocked out of him. Sorry to say, he is limited in what he can do for us in the future.

4) Coaching staff gets away from what was working. So Scal played a great game yesterday on both ends of the court. He leaves with 4 fouls and we are up 10+ something. He is doing a great job defensively. Ok. So why was Scal not back in the game with 6-8 minutes left in the game. He would have continued his defensive play and add some outside shooting that would have drawn defenders outside and open some chances for Perk on the inside. But OH NO, let get away from what worked! Not sure if the coaching staff's elevator goes all the way to the top floor!

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things! Empty Re: Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things!

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

112288 wrote:Last nights loss showed us a number of things;

1) The NBA and the Ref's are becoming more brazen and arrogant in their play calling especially by calling such a one sided game in front of the home crowd. I guess you cannot even feel safe at home any more!

2) I guess the lack of conditioning or the lack of out put caught up with Rasheed Wallace yesterday. After a great game where he finally put continuous effort in for every minute played he comes up lame for the next game. Wow, Doc better get out a heart monitor for the next game Rasheed plays at the level he gave us Sunday!

I THINK MIKKI MOORE IS STILL AVAILABLE!

3) Big Baby ought to call Bill Belichickk. I think Bill may have a job for him as a defensive lineman. If the Celtics are building the future team around the likes of Big Baby, we are in for a long dry spell. Not that I don't like Big Baby as a person, he's a great guy but his weight is becoming more of a factor and limiting some great skills that he possesses. As he ages, the weight will become more of a factor. He looks more heavy now then last year. He cannot jump and rebound effectively unless he truly gains position on his opponent and he cannot drive to the basket with the ball and finish without getting the stuffing knocked out of him. Sorry to say, he is limited in what he can do for us in the future.

4) Coaching staff gets away from what was working. So Scal played a great game yesterday on both ends of the court. He leaves with 4 fouls and we are up 10+ something. He is doing a great job defensively. Ok. So why was Scal not back in the game with 6-8 minutes left in the game. He would have continued his defensive play and add some outside shooting that would have drawn defenders outside and open some chances for Perk on the inside. But OH NO, let get away from what worked! Not sure if the coaching staff's elevator goes all the way to the top floor!

Couple of points.

#1 – Agree completely.

#2 - Rasheed is 36 years old and has played 14 years in the NBA. He has been a bench player all season and stepped in and played very well in KG’s absence. Part of having older players is you have to give them time off from time to time and in the case of Sheed, the upside FAR OUTWEIGHS the downside of giving him a few days off from time to time. Hell, even young player would be sore and worn out after a stretch of games in which their minutes nearly tripled. Give the guy a break.

Mikki Moore? Really? You lost almost all of your credibility right there…sorry.

#3 - Glen Davis is still rounding back into form and into game shape. He was in much better shape in Pre-season than he was at any point last season, so it is unfair to judge him right now. He played well in his first few games back, and seems to have taken a step backward in his progress over the last week. But he still chipped in with 13 points – 4 rebounds – 1 steal – 1 assist. He is not, nor will he ever be a “star” But teams need good role players and if Davis can get back to where he was at the end of last season, he will be just that – a solid back up big man.

#4 – Agree with your comments until you start questioning the overall ability and competence of the coaching staff in general. Doc Rivers is one of the brightest coaches in the NBA and has the respect of his peers and the hardware to prove it. Whether he needs to re-evaluate his strategy (and the strategy that Coach Tibs employed last night) is one thing…but to call him out as not being on the ball is ludicrous.

I do agree that Scal should have been back in the game in the 4th. They played Ray and Pierce way too much in the second half, and the result was their legs were shot down the stretch. Coach Tibs did a bad job filling in for Doc, but that is NO INDICATION of their aptitude as basketball minds or leaders.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things! Empty Re: Last Nights Game Showed Us A Number Of Things!

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Rasheed is still not in top NBA shape. Big Baby is rounding out not back. Hey, I have had micro hand surgery in the past and a cast on my hand for 6 months. That did not stop me from watching my diet and running 5-7 miles per work out 5 times a week. Baby is way out of physical shape. Game shape in terms of being in sync with his teammates regarding offensive plays and defensive coverage, yes I agree with you.

As far as the coaching staff goes, I wonder. there are many on this Board that question Doc and staff and a good example was Scal last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm

After the game, Doc carefully worded his statement about the lineup at
the end of the game. He said something like, "I guess it made sense to
keep playing the guys who had gotten us there." Between the lines,
that comment (and I'm sure I mangled it) seemed to be saying that
running the same lineup into the ground was too conservative.

I think that being conservative is what emergency replacement coaches
tend to do. They focus on not being wrong more than on doing the
unexpected, the audacious, the innovative as a good head coach might
do.

I felt that reinserting both Scal and Tony might introduce what I
like to call "The Guarilia/McDonald Ultimatum." (Sometimes, fresh legs
and energy, even among secondary players, can contribute, short-term
more than the continued presence of an exhausted star.) Who knows? A bit of rest at a critical time might have at least resulted in one more successful Ray Allen field goal and/or one less Perk travel.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 pm

I think Doc is an outstanding game-time coach. Perhaps among the best in the league. Of course he wasn't there for a good part of the second half.

Our coaching staff seems to be made up of some talented people, so it's hard to be critical. I always give the benefit of the doubt, since I'm not sitting there on the bench and am just a fan watching the game. That being said, I didn't understand why Scal sat last night after that fourth foul either.

If it were up to me we would see more Scal and Williams, less Davis. Then again my qualifications include the fact that I'm sitting behind a desk eating a sandwich with one hand while typing with the other right now.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi,
Unfortunately I didn't watch the game except the last 3 min. Therefore I'd like to modify the topic of the thread: did the last night's game show us any 'chronic' deficiencies other than age?
In the last 2 or so minutes PP, RA and even RR looked tired which manifested in hurried plays and missed shots.
As for Zebras, in a close game they are kings.

Thank you very much,
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm

NY, I agree with you regarding the coaches. I've always respected Doc and his staff, so I'm surprised that I feel like they let the team down last night. I was sitting at the game during the 4th Q thinking why would Thibs not put TA in for a few minutes to try to get Johnson out of a rhythm and give Ray a few minutes to rest. I know Baby was playing well, but we really needed Scal in there to space the floor. Rondo had no room to drive and Glen's defendor was leaving him on the perimiter to double Perk. Maybe it's not that simple, but in my head those two little substitutions would have made a world of difference.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Kelly,

Did you request a refund?

Just wondering.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Haha, you know, I did but I don't think Danny heard me. It was pretty loud in there... Maybe I should send a letter?
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down