Zeller vs Asik -- Head to Head

3 posters

Go down

Zeller vs Asik  --    Head to Head Empty Zeller vs Asik -- Head to Head

Post by swish Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 am

They faced each other twice in 2012-13 and once in 2013-14.

Results link below

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=asikom01&p2=zellety01

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Zeller vs Asik  --    Head to Head Empty Re: Zeller vs Asik -- Head to Head

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:22 pm

swish wrote: They faced each other twice in 2012-13 and once in 2013-14.

Results link below

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=asikom01&p2=zellety01

swish  

swish,

Very interesting.  Thanks.

Without watching game film it looks like Asik is a better rebounder (he won every rebound battle) and a better defender (slightly more BS, although that doesn't include or count intimidations.  Zeller won on steals) but Zeller is a better offensive player (Asik had one offensive explosion but Zeller usually won on the offensive end in point and assists). I say "without watching game film" because it is possible that Zeller's job was to just keep Howard and Asik off the boards and let Tristan Thompson or someone else go get the ball. In fact, we don't know just how many minutes of their total minutes played actually were head-to-head with both on the floor at the same time. And suppose Houston went with the two-headed monster, with Howard and Asik on the floor together? Who did Zeller guard?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm

bob

Your right about all the unknown factors so this is just another piece in the puzzle. Its even possible that he could be just another chip in a future trade. It will probably be a very interesting wheeling and dealing off season with more to come.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:27 pm

I don't believe individual player comparisons in are as important as determining how much each player can help the Celtics.

That said, although I would still have preferred Asik for the intimidation factor I believe the Celtics sorely lack, I'm satisfied that they got Zeller to plug the 5 hole in a more balanced roster and, quite possibly, to respond very favorably to the huge opportunity being given to him by the Celts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down