Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington

+2
Sam
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington Empty Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Jared Zwerling        ✔ @JaredZwerling
Follow
Source: Celtics & Wizards working on a sign-and-trade involving Kris Humphries. Deal will be in the 3-year, $13.5 miil range. Not done yet.
11:20 AM - 15 Jul 2014

Kevin O'Connor @KevinOConnorNBA
Follow
Boston should receive another trade exception worth $4.3Mish, since it looks like Washington is just absorbing Humphries with their own TPE.
11:29 AM - 15 Jul 2014

bob
MY NOTE:  We've got no space on the roster for him, so this is a no-brainer.  We get a TPE for being nice guys.  $4.5M/year for Hump is a steal.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Humphries to Wiz in sign-and-trade
Updated: July 15, 2014, 4:04 PM ET

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

The Washington Wizards are set to acquire veteran forward Kris Humphries as part of a sign-and-trade deal with the Boston Celtics, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

It looks like the Celtics will generate at least a trade exception for facilitating Kris Humphries' deal with the Wizards, writes Chris Forsberg. Story

Humphries is expected to sign a three-year, $13 million contract. The Wizards and Celtics are finalizing the details of the sign-and-trade agreement.

The deal was first reported by Bleacher Report.

Humphries averaged 8.4 points and 5.9 rebounds over 19.9 minutes per game last season. Acquired as part of the blockbuster deal that sent Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to Brooklyn, Humphries earned a team-high $12 million last season and emerged as a locker-room leader while nurturing the development of Boston's younger talent.

Humphries took to Twitter to say he's ready to get started with his new team by calling out the address of Verizon Center -- the Wizards' home arena.

The Celtics, stocked with young talent at power forward, were not expected to re-sign Humphries this summer. It seems likely that Boston will receive a trade exception as part of the sign-and-trade agreement with Washington.

The Wizards appear to have the ability to absorb Humphries' contract by receiving a trade exception as part of the sign-and-trade deal that will send Trevor Ariza to the Houston Rockets.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington Empty Re: Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington

Post by Sam Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Just another example of Danny squeezing the very most out of every asset he can.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington Empty Re: Kris Humphries Sign-and-Trade Between Boston and Washington

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Rich Levine @rich_levine about 44 minutes ago
Farewell to the Renaissance Man, Kris Humphries. Started with the worst intro press conference in Celtics history + got better every day.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob
MY NOTE: Could not have said it better myself.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Jared Weiss @CLNS_JaredWeiss about 48 minutes ago
Danny Ainge is close to his lifelong dream of having 20 draft picks over a five-year span. This Hump trade could get him there.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob
MY NOTE:  There's talk we'll get a draft pick, like a 2nd rounder, along with the $4.3M TPE for facilitating this for Wiz.  You're amazing Danny.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm

I think I'll send Danny one of those green eye shades in celebration of his wheeler dealer side.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Danny must have been a Middle Eastern rug merchant in a past life. What a wheeler dealer. What a brain on that guy.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:11 pm

I have this image of Danny, floating in the air on a magic carpet, looking upward, and winking at a certain column of smoke.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Puffing on a hookah.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Danny is trying to make  lemonade out of lemons............he does not have much to work with right now.............kind of like a player who is having a tough night shooting...........so he's grinding it out by attacking the rim hoping to draw fouls and get to the free throw line.

We'll see how he uses it to determine the significance of the accommodation but you cannot turn down something free when your begging........although it happened to me when I bought a sandwich for a bum on the street and he threw it back at me because he wanted liquor instead!

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 pm

There's plenty of tradeable assets on this team, but the market for game changers is very small. What free agents/players on the trading block could bring this team closer to contention?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:08 pm

sam wrote:I have this image of Danny, floating in the air on a magic carpet, looking upward, and winking at a certain column of smoke.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

Adrian Wojnarowski: Washington, Boston have completed sign-and-trade for Kris Humphries, source says. Boston gets a trade exception and protected 2nd round pick Twitter @WojYahooNBA

As soon as I get some info about what exactly "protected" 2nd round pick means I'll post it here.

Good job, Danny.  You used a player that, through no fault whatsoever of his own, we couldn't  use anymore but were not paying for and got something for him.  It's the Von Wafer-to-Orlando-with-Big-Baby-for-Bass deal redux.  Von Wafer was no longer on the roster and had no active contract with us but we had some influence because he was on our roster the previous year and could do a sign-and-trade with him to make a deal work.

Everything tastes better with a little sweetener.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 am

Bob,

I would imagine the "protected" status might mean he same thing in the 2nd round as it does in the 1st round. Washington might want the pick if it occurs in the first 5 picks in the 2nd round (or something similar).

The 2nd round picks have no guaranteed contracts and the early picks may actually be a good place to find a player who has dropped out of the 1st round for medical or other reasons.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:14 am

gyso wrote:Bob,

I would imagine the "protected" status might mean he same thing in the 2nd round as it does in the 1st round.  Washington might want the pick if it occurs in the first 5 picks in the 2nd round (or something similar).

The 2nd round picks have no guaranteed contracts and the early picks may actually be a good place to find a player who has dropped out of the 1st round for medical or other reasons.

gyso

gyso,

I figured that's what it meant, I'm going to try and find out what level of "protection". Protected 30-40? 50-60?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 pm

If it's any help, here how the Kings' protected second rounder to the Celtics works:

Sam

2015 second round draft pick from Sacramento
Sacramento's 2015 2nd round pick to Boston protected for selections 31-55 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Boston will be extinguished) [Boston-Sacramento, 2/17/2009]
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down