Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............

+2
Outside
beat
6 posters

Go down

Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............ Empty Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............

Post by beat Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 am

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140728/SPORTS/140728948

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............ Empty Re: Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............

Post by Outside Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am

Very nice article there, Beat. I think you've got a keeper.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............ Empty Re: Nice bit on Marcus in the local paper............

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 am

Great article.  Marcus has always struck me as someone who "gets it."  He knows that being dedicated and working hard are important traits.  What will continue to set him apart, however, is his ability to look at situations creatively and find ways to learn and advance that others may never see.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

Beat - Another proud moment for you. I know the feeling of having someone pat your son/daughter on the back for doing something that seems to just come naturally to them. In this day and age, we need to know that we did well raising our prides and joys!

He is such a good kid. Congratulations again. Seems like we are always reading something wonderful about your kids!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks all

I know he really wishes he could be on the other side of the foul line actually playing, but we both know that will never happen with his bum shoulder/arm. Still he finds ways to stay involved.

What the article did not cover much was his work at SU. Getting up at 5:30AM in sub freezing temps to make the 2 mile walk to the Carmelo Center to get things set up for the women's practices morning after morning after morning..............

He got a good head on his shoulders.

Certainly has exceeded anything his mom and I could have dreamed for him.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Beat,

He made exceed your dreams, but he will never outgrow the fact that his parents and sister have been hugely responsible for what he is and what he will become.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:42 pm

beat2,

First of all, congratulations to your entire family!  Not that many kids these days actually work to get ahead, there are so many that feel entitled.  Good to see that Marcus puts in the work in his low pay/no pay jobs.  It will pay off in the long run.

Second of all, you know that you will buy another newspaper. (LOL)

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down