Another Blast from the Past

2 posters

Go down

Another Blast from the Past Empty Another Blast from the Past

Post by Sam Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:33 pm

This seems to be my day for sharing news of departed members.  In this case, the member is still living but left the board a couple of years ago because of differences in philosophy with many members.  His board name was Pumpsie Green, and I'm sure many will remember him.  He adopted what he called a "realistic" approach to the Celtics, and his reality tended toward the negative at that time in the Celtics' existence, and that reality conflicted with the hope harbored by many board members.

So he left the board, not long after he had been part of our San Francisco get-together at which we also got to meet Jeb.  At that get-together, I found him and his partner to be delightful people, and I recall discussing at length with him his passion for underwater photography.  He gave me a couple of CDs with examples, and they were definitely gallery-worthy (although he had no such aspirations).  Our meeting made it all the tougher for me to be the one who communicated with him when he decided to leave the board.  It was, by far, my most difficult and distasteful period since we founded the forum.  I REALLY hated it!  Still do!

After an extended period of time, I wrote to inquire after his health.  I knew that he was a physician (I believe his field was pediatrics), that he had his own medical problems, and that he was about to retire.  That was more than a year ago.

To my surprise (since I didn't expect a response), he sent me more examples of his beautiful photography.  He also mentioned that he had experienced problems on a Red Sox forum that were similar to his difficulties on ours; and he stated that he had modified his approach to participation in forums.  I mentioned (as I did when he left our forum) that he'd always be welcome on our forum, but I think he has other priorities (including his health).  At that time, he had rented a large house in Massachusetts (he's from the West Coast) for a week-long party in honor of a friend who had severe health problems.  This is definitely not an unfeeling person.  (Sorry for the editorializing.  Actually, not really.)

Anyway, I just received an email from him with some additional photography attachments—these from Cozumel.  I'd like to share them with the board because I believe such things should be shared and have nothing to do with past acrimony.  However, my technological knowledge is less than zero, so I hope to appeal to some member who is better equipped than I to post Pumpsie's photos.  If we can pull it off, I believe you'll enjoy them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Another Blast from the Past Empty Re: Another Blast from the Past

Post by beat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Sam If you could email them to me I'll see what I can do.

Or at least a few of the nicer ones.

I'll PM you my email

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks, Beat.  My money's on you.  There aren't that many of them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down