Breaking News: No Planes Crashed Today

4 posters

Go down

Breaking News:  No Planes Crashed Today Empty Breaking News: No Planes Crashed Today

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 pm

The Silly Season.  Now there are tweets from "insiders" who insist there is no truth that Sacto and Boston are discussing trading Rondo.  Ergo, the title of this thread.  The announcement of no news.  They say it's hard to disprove the absence of something.  Apparently it's damn near impossible to prove it too.  What I'd love to hear, from whichever dingbat(s) is/are perpetuating these rumors is "what's in it for the Celtics?".  Let's hear a trade possibility.  If you can't come up with a realistic scenario in which Danny feels he's getting value, maybe there's a reason. When Isaiah Thomas was there, ok, maybe, but now? Who do they have, besides Cousins?

Basketball Insiders
‏@BBallInsiders
Sources close to the process in both Boston and Sacramento are adamantly denying that a Rajon Rondo deal is being discussed.
Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Breaking News:  No Planes Crashed Today Empty Re: Breaking News: No Planes Crashed Today

Post by Outside Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 pm

So Bob, I'm guessing you didn't click "Retweet."
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Breaking News:  No Planes Crashed Today Empty Re: Breaking News: No Planes Crashed Today

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:59 pm

sorry bob I was posting the other thread and didn't see yours here.

I found the guy who seems ot eb the one that started this "story" a couple days back.

yep McLemore and Williams looks like a steal for Ainge!

I don't think the salarys even work.

on the other hand I could see a Rondo, Green and Bogans for Gay and Collison trade. But ONLY if Ainge knows that Rondo will not re-sign here.

Like I said in the other tread, Ainge and Bird making a bigger deal make smore sense to me, even though I don't think thats gonna happen either.

Until Rondo signs an extention, there will be trade rumors and more trade rumors.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

kdp59 wrote:sorry bob I was posting the other thread and didn't see yours here.

I found the guy who seems ot eb the one that started this "story" a couple days back.

yep McLemore and Williams looks like a steal for Ainge!

I don't think the salarys  even work.

on the other hand I could see a Rondo, Green and Bogans for Gay and Collison trade. But ONLY if Ainge knows that Rondo will not re-sign here.

Like I said in the other tread, Ainge and Bird making a bigger deal make smore sense to me, even though I don't think thats gonna happen either.

Until Rondo signs an extention, there will be trade rumors and more trade rumors.

kdp,

Actually, I think you started your thread first. I was still composing mine and didn't see yours was already there. It happens. Thanks for being proactive.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Breaking News:  No Planes Crashed Today Empty another take on the non-story

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2167395-nba-trade-rumors-rajon-rondo-swap-would-prove-beneficial-for-kings-and-celtics

NBA Trade Rumors: Rajon Rondo Swap Would Prove Beneficial for Kings and CelticsBy Scott Polacek , Featured Columnist Aug 19, 2014
Share Tweet Next ARTICLE » Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories Rich Pedroncelli/Associated Press

Reads0
Comments It’s late August on the NBA rumor mill, which means even anti-rumors make the headlines. Basketball Insiders had the latest regarding Rajon Rondo:

It appears that we aren’t going to see Rondo in a Sacramento Kings uniform next year, but that hypothetical trade would prove beneficial to both sides.

Before digging into why, it is interesting to point out that Rondo discussed his future early in the offseason, but it was long before Boston missed out on the elite talent available throughout the summer, via A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com: "I don't like change, really. I'm pretty comfortable. I have a beautiful home here, I love it. I don't want to leave. I'm a Celtic."

Share Tweet Email Embed

Regardless of Rondo’s lack of affinity for change, the Kings would be much better off landing the elite star. Remember, they lost Isaiah Thomas this offseason, so there is a glaring need for a floor general.

The pieces are in place for a potential run at the postseason if Sacramento finds that point guard to lead the way. The combination of DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Nik Stauskas and Darren Collison (who could serve as a backup or smaller shooting guard) is nothing to sneeze at, even in the loaded Western Conference. Throwing a pass-first point guard like Rondo into the mix would make Sacramento a playoff contender instantly.

Share Tweet Email

Rondo averaged 9.8, 11.2, 11.7, 11.1 and 9.8 assists per game the past five seasons, and it was clear how effective he is at making his teammates better, even if there was some missed time for injury in that span.

What’s more, Rondo’s speed and willingness to push the ball in transition would give the Kings an extra offensive dimension, and he is particularly difficult to prevent from getting to the rim. Rondo’s quickness also lends itself well to perimeter defense, and he sports a per-game average of 1.9 steals in his career.

Michael Perez/Associated Press

Rondo also has an all-important championship on that resume.

Rondo’s talent is clear, and if the Kings tried to land him in free agency instead of through trade, there would be plenty of brand-name competition, as Arash Markazi of ESPN pointed out:

On the contrary, if Sacramento traded for Rondo and it became clear that the team was heading in the right direction with the Kentucky product at the helm, it may prove easier to convince him to stay.

Where would Rondo be better off?
Sacramento
Boston
Submit Vote vote to see results

Where would Rondo be better off?Sacramento 66.1%Boston33.9%Total votes: 168

Don’t overlook the Kentucky connection either when it comes to playing with Cousins. For one, it could appeal to Rondo, but having a strong presence who has already won a ring could help Cousins become an even better player by reining in some of the previous incidents that went beyond his talent.

So trading for an elite point guard would help the Kings on the court. That’s not exactly going out on a limb, but how could getting rid of him help Boston?

Simply put, the Celtics are not going to compete for a title while Rondo, who will turn 29 this season, is in his prime. He is coming off a serious knee injury, and much of his game is predicated on quickness and the ability to get out in transition or attack the rim. There aren’t enough years left on his legs to wait around for the Celtics to reach a championship level again.

Boston missed out on the Kevin Love sweepstakes and saw LeBron James build a potential Eastern Conference dynasty in Cleveland, Carmelo Anthony stay in New York, Pau Gasol join a Chicago team that already has Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah and rumors pop up that Kevin Durant could look toward Washington in the near future.

The Eastern Conference will not run through Boston anytime soon.

Remember, it took the Celtics years to acquire the assets needed to land Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. They are heading toward another rebuild and youth movement, and Rondo just doesn’t fit.

Boston drafted another point guard in Marcus Smart and grabbed wing player James Young later that same night. Between Smart’s versatility, ability to attack the rim and potential game-changing defensive skills and Young’s shooting prowess and tendency to play above the rim, the Celtics got two very solid pieces.

Trading a superstar like Rondo would bring back a number of draft picks and young assets to pair with Smart, Young and a promising Jared Sullinger. That’s not even mentioning the fact that trading Rondo would result in more short-term losses for Boston, which leads to better draft picks and more talented young players down the road.

You don’t really think Rondo is going to want to stick around when he becomes a free agent in 2015 for an extended rebuild as his prime gradually slips away, right?

Boston should grab something valuable for him while it still can.

Follow me on Twitter:
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Oh goody.  We need a smaller shooting guard because we have none of those.  Oh goody.  Another article including A. Sherrod Flakely's name and resulting credibility.  It's summer.  Why don't all these people just go to the beach?  When something concrete happens, we'll let you know.  This off-season, forum has broken more stories than the collective media community.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down