Wolves - Philly Trade

5 posters

Go down

Wolves - Philly Trade Empty Wolves - Philly Trade

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

Wolves To Acquire Young From 76ers For Mbah a Moute, Shved, Miami's 1st Rounder
Aug 22, 2014 12:27 AM EDT

The Minnesota Timberwolves will trade Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and the first round pick in 2015 belonging to the Miami Heat to the Philadelphia 76ers for Thaddeus Young.

Mbah a Moute's value to the 76ers, at least in part, comes from his close relationship with Joel Embiid.

There had been speculation that Anthony Bennett would be traded to the 76ers, but he will stay with the Wolves following his trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Jerry Zgoda/Minnesota Star Tribune

bob
MY NOTE:  If you haven't heard the 76ers have deep-sixed their mascot, Hip Hop the acrobatic rabbit and will have a new mascot next season.  Rumor is that Hip Hop was starting to be considered one of the best mascots in the league and Sam Hinkie wants a D-leaguer so as to not encourage the players.

On a more serious note, now Minny will have Wiggins, Bennett, Young, Pekovic, Rubio, Lavine, Dieng and a $4M TPE.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wolves - Philly Trade Empty Re: Wolves - Philly Trade

Post by k_j_88 Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 am

T wolves have an intriguing roster.

kj
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Credit to the Wolves' general manager.  If it had been Danny, we would have been raving about how his patience paid off.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:25 pm

I love Young's game, I think they got a terrific player. I know that Bob has said before he would have traded Green for Young in a heartbeat, I would not go that far!!! But, you know I am in Green's corner. Anyway I think the Wolves have quietly done a good job of building a nice little club. Maybe they will be better than everyone thinks!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Bennet showed some nice flashes in SL, hes lost at least 20 pounds and looks like a legit evolving player, I don't think hes the next Tyrus Thomas. Levine I really liked, mad hops and has shown a good stroke, Dieng I wish we would have drafted, he will battle in that paint and had a few 20 rebound games. Oh yeah, they might have a legit franchise kid/guy in Wiggins, he reminds me alittle of Albert King, right now hes definitely no Bernard King, but I do like their roster.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Philly can't help but tank. Self-induced fleecing.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Dieg gave Paul Pierce fits. He was all over him, played him so tight that sometimes PP got frustrated. He is a terrific player, but they would have to have had to overpay him to get him, if there was any chance at all.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down