Report: Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move

5 posters

Go down

Report:  Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move Empty Report: Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Report: Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move by Anna Fogel on Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:49AM

Boston Celtics forward Brandon Bass could be on his way out of town. The 30-year-old has placed his Needham, Mass., home on the market, CLNS Radio reports, citing a source.

Bass, who has been solid and dependable during his three years in Boston, played in all 82 games last season and averaged 11.1 points and 5.7 rebounds.

But he likely doesn’t fit into Boston’s long-term plans.

With the Celtics looking to the future, Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger figure to play more significant roles in 2015, which doesn’t leave much of a spot for Bass, who is entering the final season of his contract.

Grantland’s Zach Lowe reported earlier this summer that the Golden State Warriors showed interest in acquiring Bass. Although a deal was unable to be completed, it appears all signs point to Bass moving on, and he’s reportedly getting a head start on that.

bob
MY NOTE:  In other news, Marcus Thornton just became easier to trade because it has been 2 months since he was acquired and can now be part of a package.  Thornton and Bass to GSW?  Who would come east?  I know that GSW is trying to unload David Lee's contract, but gaining Lee while giving up Bass and Thornton makes no sense to me.  Bass and Thornton are both expiring contracts, as is Lee.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report:  Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move Empty Re: Report: Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move

Post by Outside Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Seems odd that a player would sell his home before he's been traded, even if management has told him that they're trying to trade him. What if no deal works out?
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Report:  Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move Empty Re: Report: Brandon Bass Selling Home In Needham, Could Be On The Move

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:44 pm

he knows he won't be back after this season at worst.

I doubt Bass has the typical middle class home that he's selling, so it could be on the market a while.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:20 pm

A 2-for-1 trade to reduce the roster size (and make Bob Heckler happier), and provide depth at every position to keep the pedal to the medal in a high tempo attack. Is it possible that the one player who would round out the balance on this roster would be a big man who is "one of the hardest workers in the NBA" who "hustles constantly," is "a good athlete with a powerful frame and soft hands" who "passes like a guard and runs the floor well, and takes smart shots?"

Lee/Zeller (in no particular order)
Sully/Kelly
Green/Turner/Wallace
Bradley/Smart
Rondo/Pressey

I'd like to see the "Lee Boys" together (David LEE, SulLY and KelLY) put in some time together, although I'm not at all counting Zeller out of the picture.

And, no, I don't care if David Lee blocks only 0.4 shots per game while other centers block as many as two whole shots (woo woo). I believe he's a smart player who can use his body to good advantage in a team defensive scheme.

Nor do I care about his large salary. They'd actually be sending out a few hundred thousand more than they'd be bringing in. Lee's not old in basketball years; and next year, if he fits into their future plans, they can try to sign him or they can let him walk to free up some major cap space or trade him for considerable return. Besides, as everyone knows, I look at trades strictly along basketball criteria. I don't try to "out-business" the basketball financial acumen of the Celtics braintrust.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Golden State is in win now mode.
David Lee is a much better player than Bass and/or Thornton.
There is no way they would downgrade their roster when they are looking to be serious contenders.

Smart move by Bass to put the house on the market before the winter comes.
If it sells right away he could rent until he is traded or until his contract expires.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:39 pm

I thought we were looking for a REAL center around here?

David Lee as a center?

we've had many, many threads this off-season where I have seen time and again that most here don't want a PF (Sully, Kelly) playing Center.

David Lee?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Kdp,

I've been one of those who don't want Sully or Kelly playing center. But Lee did it quite successfully for two seasons, and he has the body and smarts to be an exception in my book. IF Bass were gone, I'm thinking about a big man corps comprised primarily of Zeller, Sully, and Kelly (please don't "Faverani" or "Anthony" me.) I'd prefer to have a four-man front line with each member having some experiential combination of impact ability or impact potential. Especially in trade for two players who probably don't fit into the Celtics' plans much this season. Although I'd be genuinely sorry to see Bass leave as I think he's a class act.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:30 am

Lee can play center, but he has been best as a power forward playing with a good defensive center, such as Andrew Bogut.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down