Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp

3 posters

Go down

Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp Empty Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:13 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/09/gerald_wallace_vitor_faverani.html#incart_story_package

Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani should be healthy enough for start of Boston Celtics training camp

Print Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on September 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

DEDHAM – Brad Stevens believes both Gerald Wallace and Vitor Faverani will be available for the beginning of training camp next week. Both players needed surgery to repair season-ending injuries.

“They’ve both been around,” Stevens said Tuesday morning before a Shamrock Foundation charity golf tournament at the Dedham Country and Polo Club. “Vitor is going back out of town for a few days before he comes back, but from everything I’ve been told, Tuesday we should be all cleared.”

Faverani, who tore his meniscus in February, was arrested over the summer for allegedly driving under the influence in Spain. President of basketball operations Danny Ainge said the center will not go unpunished.

“We’re still contemplating that. There will some consequences, absolutely, but I won’t make those public,” Ainge said. “Health-wise, his knee has been up and down. He’s been on the court some but he’s still had some challenges. I do expect him to be ready to go by training camp. We’re just being extra cautious with him now, but he’s been on the court playing and doing drills.”

This time last summer, Ainge had not spoken to Wallace since acquiring him from the Brooklyn Nets. The small forward has arrived in town already, but still hasn’t run into Ainge.

“I don't know completely on Gerald. I think he'll be ready to go by training camp, but I haven’t seen Gerald yet,” Ainge said before smiling. “He’s an old, cagey vet. We’ll probably see him on media day when you guys do. I told him to keep it to the DH position on the softball team this summer. No more shortstop and centerfield.”

bob
MY NOTE:  Vitor's knee is "up and down"?  That's not good.  No way he's getting more than cameo minutes early in the season, I think.  Wallace?  Ya neva know...So, they may be healthy enough for start of camp but it certainly sound hopeful for Vitor being able to go full tilt and get his conditioning where he needs it by the start of the season.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp Empty Re: Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp

Post by Sam Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

A center, known as some kind of animal, who eschews solid picks, loves hoisting threes, uses poor judgment in his personal life, is sanguine about predicting he'll be less than full strength at training camp.  I can't figure out why I have reservations about Vitor's long-term value to this team.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp Empty Re: Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani Should Be Healthy Enough For Start Of Camp

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:10 pm

sam wrote:A center, known as some kind of animal, who eschews solid picks, loves hoisting threes, uses poor judgment in his personal life, is sanguine about predicting he'll be less than full strength at training camp.  I can't figure out why I have reservations about Vitor's long-term value to this team.

Sam

Judging by what I saw from him last year, I gathered the sense that his stint in Boston ends with that contract.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down