RosalieTCeltics
k_j_88
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rondo breaks hand Empty Rondo breaks hand

Post by k_j_88 Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:19 pm

Could miss 6+ weeks....

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/11595509/boston-celtics-point-guard-rajon-rondo-breaks-hand

Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall

Updated: September 26, 2014, 7:13 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a broken left hand and had surgery Friday, the team announced.

He is expected to miss six to eight weeks, the Celtics said.

The Celtics said the injury was a result of a fall at his home Thursday night. A source told ESPN's Jeff Goodman that Rondo slipped in the shower and broke a bone in the back of his hand.

Year Pct of Games Played
2010-14 60.6
2006-10 96.3

--ESPN Stats & Information

With Rondo out, rookie Marcus Smart will get reps in training camp at the point -- which would have been the case even if the Celtics' All-Star wasn't hurt, the source told Goodman.

On Tuesday, Celtics decision-makers, including owner Wyc Grousbeck, made clear again that they desire to keep Rondo with the team for the long-term future. Grousbeck raised some eyebrows Sunday when he told a television station that Rondo is "super stubborn" and questioned how coachable he is.

"It's my goal to keep Rondo here," Grousbeck said. "I think we all want that. And I actually honestly think -- he should speak for himself -- I think Rajon wants to stay, or would be very happy to stay. And we'll see how this season goes, and how the negotiations go, but he's proud to be a Celtic. I know that. He's proud to wear that [2008 title] ring and he deserved it."

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was downright exasperated when asked yet again about Rondo's future in Boston.

"Are you seriously asking me that again? Yes, we expect Rajon to be in Boston for the long term," Ainge said. "Does that need to be asked any more by anybody ever again?"

---

Damn. Not good. So much for starting off the season on the right foot...

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Rondo breaks hand Empty Re: Rondo breaks hand

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 am

Come to Boston and listen to all the negativity surrounding this accident. ACCIDENT. PERIOD. why would this kid want to injure himself????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:58 pm

cover up, no question

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Hurting his hand on purpose is a ridiculous notion. Hurting his hand doing something else and then saying he slipped in the shower, that's at least a rational possibility.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:33 pm

agreed, how many times in his career was he driving to the basket and got knocked down and landed in an odd position, using his hands to break his fall? and now in the shower with no leaping or high impact sprinting/running he slips and breaks his hand?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Outside wrote:Hurting his hand on purpose is a ridiculous notion. Hurting his hand doing something else and then saying he slipped in the shower, that's at least a rational possibility.

outside,

They are saying that Rondo took his daughter to a trampoline park, whatever that is.  Could he have gotten on the trampoline with his daughter and fell off?  Sure.  Would jumping on a trampoline be considered a violation of his contract, which no doubt restricts the type of potentially dangerous physical activities he's allowed to participate in?  Possibly.  Is it in Rondo, as well as the Celtics', best interest to say it was a shower slip in order to not be in violation of his contract?  Absolutely.  Does it matter?  Not. One. Whit.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:55 pm

If there was a time for Brad to move the team forward on playing the motion offense this may be the right time.  By all rights, when you draft a guy at #6 he should be ready to start on day one if needed.  However, the motion offense would take pressure off of him and Bradley.

Or Boston may go with Bradley at the 1 and Evans at the 2.  They would run some motion, some pick and roles featuring Evans and guys like Kelly can keep things opened by knocking down 3 pointers.  And we hope that the pace will quicken from the moment they get a defensive rebound.

The Celtics have a sufficient amount of depth at the 1,2 and 3 spots to cover for a lost starter.  

If Boston is able to run an efficient offense that would definitely diminish Rondo's value to the team.  A lot is at stake for near term decision making.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Get TMZ in his bathroom and we will have a real story here.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Bradley at point? No thank you.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:27 pm

W,

Bradley read "Point Guard" by Victor Pearn over the summer, so we are all set.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Freak accidents do happen. As inexplicable as they may seem, there's never anything entirely outside the realm of possibility.

I'm not sure of the root cause, nor do I care that much. My main concern is his health going forward.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Exactly. What do we gain by pointing fingers and making assumptions? It is what it is. Move on, let The camp begin and whatever happens, happens. Ainge is no fool, if he does not believe Rondo do you think he will publicly tell us? The ball is in Rondo's court to win the respect of fans and teammates, and of course management.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm not making assumptions, I'm just not buying the company line that Ainge and Rondo are going with....if thats all they're going to say publicly, I'm fine with it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach about 1 hour ago
For what it's worth, a pair of Altitude Trampoline Park employees now saying Rondo did not suffer injury there. http://t.co/TpAc5Svokf

Reply Retweet Favorite

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi,
Whatever happened happened. If DA and RR want to stick to the "Shower" story - fine.
This story, frankly, sounds kind of lame, thou. But no matter what actually caused the injury, even if there were 501 witnesses including NBC, ABC and CBS crews there would be about 1000 conspiracy theories of what "actually" happened. Mine would be that RR did it on purpose: he went to Home Depot dressed as Oprah, bought a the most expensive hammer for $34.99, returned home and in the basement shower hit his left hand with this hammer with his right hand but behind his back. The main reason - the rumors of his trade and demands to be traded started to die out, so he decided to renew sports media frenzy around him.

AK

sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

You got it Outside, now that is a conspiracy therory

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

You got it Outside, now that is a conspiracy therory

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Sounds more like character assassination when people insinuate that Rondo is lying about how the injury happened... Not very respectful in my opinion.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Being concerned about an injury is one thing.  Belaboring the more titillating, non-basketball aspects of the injury is just enabling "easy news" coverage by sportswriters. 

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 pm

While in Boston this weekend I was listening to 2 talk show hosts on Sports Hub and several people who worked at the trampoline park and called in said Rondo only watched his kids on the tramoline.......

second one of the hosts had several ortho doctors as friends and they said the location of Rondo's injury on his hand was impossible to sustain trying to brace oneself in a fall. It is a boxers/fighters injury and they only occur when the person has a closed fist hitting something or someone.

Odd also that the Celtics had a charity golf event on Wednesday and Rondo never showed.........you would think as Captain he would appear.........which raises a question.....was Rondo already injured?

Celtics PR will be called into question on this one!

Sam....Karen and I had a great time with you and Sally....the restaurant was a great pick!  Gotta go back there again!

Rondo breaks hand Empty Rondo breaks hand Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Rondo broke his left hand, his off hand, so to speak. Did your so-called metacarpal experts mention that? How many times do you imagine a non-boxer punches with the off hand?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Gyso,

As I said I am only repeating what THE SPORTS HUB 98.5FM BOSTON repeated on the air. 

If true and I have no reason to believe the announcer would lie about his ortho doctor friends............he did not break it bracing himself from a fall...............I am not playing devil's advocate in this case, nor suggesting some nefarious act was committed by Rondo.

After talking to my friend a short while ago who was my radiologist for my imaging centers I owned, he concluded that it was also not typical injury sustained from bracing oneself from a fall. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 am

We enjoyed it.  Some of the best coq au vin I've ever had.  Sally and I are looking forward to returning.  Great, great conversation too.  Thanks for making the effort, and we're delighted that you made the late night drive back to Long Island safely.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm

EXCERPT FROM BOSTON.COM - ADAM KAUFMAN

According to the team, Rondo suffered a broken bone in his left hand after falling at home. ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports the injury occurred when the guard slipped in the shower. He underwent successful surgical fixation of a left metacarpal fracture Friday morning at New England Baptist Hospital, which will likely keep the guard out 6-8 weeks.

Twitter erupted with people connected to the medical world or drawing on their personal circumstances, claiming a left metacarpal fracture is a closed fist injury, or a “boxer’s fracture”. If that’s indeed the case, when was the last time you slipped – anywhere, never mind in the shower – and tried to break your fall with a fist? It’s a seemingly unnatural movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 pm

112288 wrote:EXCERPT FROM BOSTON.COM - ADAM KAUFMAN

Twitter erupted with people connected to the medical world or drawing on their personal circumstances, claiming a left metacarpal fracture is a closed fist injury, or a “boxer’s fracture”. If that’s indeed the case, when was the last time you slipped – anywhere, never mind in the shower – and tried to break your fall with a fist? It’s a seemingly unnatural movement.

We don't know how he slipped, though. Perhaps he was able to catch himself with his right hand but missed with his left and hit something full force? Just a thought.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next