Albert Einstein Once Said...................

2 posters

Go down

Albert Einstein Once Said................... Empty Albert Einstein Once Said...................

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hmmmmmm.........Sounds vaguely familiar.
Hmmmm........... Could it be........nooo could never be.............Doc Rivers? NAH........why would .....well come to think of it......YA by playing the same old, same old players game in and game out, without some fresh legs and talent off the bench!

Pick 3 out of the following 6 and I think you would be pretty close as to what is happening;

1) Team has grown old really fast and has caught everyone by surprise;
2) KG is done as a dominate power forward not due to his heart but his knee;
3) Doc blew sunshine and lolly pops up Danny's and Wyc's butt about how this present team could win it all;
4) There is a changing of the guard going on in the NBA with new teams challenging;
5)Some players are not playing up to there anticipated potential;
6) Team is just in a funk and is down mentally.

In all seriousness, if things do not turn around and we go out in the first round, this could spell long term disaster for the Boston Celtic's. Now I am not talking about the usual kind of things like hurt feelings by fans and the loss of team pride. No it means much more. It means a possible financial impact that could severely hamper the Celtics in staying competitive in the bidding for future free agents and the retention of their own stars.

See, the team gets revenue from various sources including ticket sales, TV revenue, merchandise sales, advertising, food & beverage sales. Stronger teams that excel in producing better revenue compete better in the market for talent by their ability to afford paying the luxury tax and getting a higher caliber group of players. Better talent will lead to post seasons and potential World Championships and a rise in all revenue streams mentioned above. George Steinbrenner and the Yankees have followed this formula and have made them hundred of millions. What I am worried about is a poor showing come spring and a panic by management that could put into motion a scenario where they just do a band aide adjustment to the team that will continue to produce poor results. This then would have a domino effect on all the above revenue and from there who knows, another owner!

Watch out Danny, Watch out Wyc you maybe playing with fire if you continue to play your fiddle while Boston Burns!

Back to top Go down

Albert Einstein Once Said................... Empty Re: Albert Einstein Once Said...................

Post by jeb Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 am

If you could be the Hawks. Have all their players. BUT you had to give back or better put never had experienced the 08 title would you do it?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Albert Einstein Once Said................... Empty Re: Albert Einstein Once Said...................

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:53 pm

jeb65 wrote:112288

If you could be the Hawks. Have all their players. BUT you had to give back or better put never had experienced the 08 title would you do it?

Well it depends on what you want to describe the glass as, half full or half empty. Ya, you can have all the experience you want winning world titles but if you are NOW FAILING TO EXECUTE game plans due to you diminished athletic ability it means nothing. Ok, you may pick=off and win a game here or there but you are not Winning any Championship! Case in point, 1965 New York Yankees and the 1984 -1985 New Your Islanders. Both the Yankees and Islanders lost in the finals and both kept their roster pretty much in tacked and the long slide began. On the other would I rather be looking at the sun rising then setting and have a great stock of young talent that can begin to dominate and win. YES!

As far as any edge the Celtics bring to any play-off game as past champs, they have lost respect and now teams do not fear them. Why? 'Cause they are now number 3 in the East and they have proved mortal by losing the 7Th game to Orlando and losing all 4 season games to Atlanta. Red once said if you give a team just the slightest idea that they can beat you, your finished. Well we did that last night all right.

The slide is here folks and you better get your parachutes on, its a big drop if no fresh talent is injected soon!
If I was a gambler. Give me Atlanta and I'll take the points also thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:55 pm

112288 wrote:
jeb65 wrote:112288

Well it depends on what you want to describe the glass as, half full or half empty. Ya, you can have all the experience you want winning world titles but if you are NOW FAILING TO EXECUTE game plans due to you diminished athletic ability it means nothing. Ok, you may pick=off and win a game here or there but you are not Winning any Championship! Case in point, 1965 New York Yankees and the 1984 -1985 New Your Islanders. Both the Yankees and Islanders lost in the finals and both kept their roster pretty much in tacked and the long slide began. On the other side of the coin, would I rather be looking at the sun rising then setting and have a great stock of young talent that can begin to dominate and win. YES!

As far as any edge the Celtics bring to any play-off game as past champs, they have lost respect and now teams do not fear them. Why? 'Cause they are now number 3 in the East and they have proved mortal by losing the 7Th game to Orlando and losing all 4 season games to Atlanta. Red once said if you give a team just the slightest idea that they can beat you, your finished. Well we did that last night all right.

The slide is here folks and you better get your parachutes on, its a big drop if no fresh talent is injected soon!
If I was a gambler. Give me Atlanta and I'll take the points also thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Banners are rare. I wouldnt change a thing ...but i aint the sharpest beer in the six pack
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

jeb65 wrote:1122

Banners are rare. I wouldnt change a thing ...but i aint the sharpest beer in the six pack

Ya banners are great and when I am at the games I still get goose bumps looking at them and remembering where I was in my life. However getting away from nostalgia, this team was built to end up in the finals and better yet a possible championship. I know crazier things have happened in sports but at this moment in time, the C's are no where close to making it beyond the first round. Failure to reach the finals is total failure, period end of story and they are not close to bringing it back from the edge of the cliff!

Look at the glaring weaknesses, 28th out of 30 in the NBA in rebounding and their bench has gone to hell. Other better teams are killing us with their bench compared to ours in point spreads. Players have not lived up to potential or are on the other side of their career and moving fast to join Charles Barkley in an EZ - BOY Recliner.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Well I bet Ol Ainge will shore up the bench.

I bet you we run off ten or so in a row after the all star break and everything looks a little different.

Let the bench play together with Quis back for two weeks.

But I hear ya. It aint pretty right now. 1122 I tell you this. I think THEY think they can still win it and I thin that is a pretty big one.

Hell with it I am going to enjoy the process and try to groove on being relevant again after so many years in the dark.

And to beat darlin' Phil and Kobe in such a crushing fashion is a memory I will take to my grave.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:42 pm

jeb65 wrote:Well I bet Ol Ainge will shore up the bench.

I bet you we run off ten or so in a row after the all star break and everything looks a little different.

Let the bench play together with Quis back for two weeks.

But I hear ya. It aint pretty right now. 1122 I tell you this. I think THEY think they can still win it and I thin that is a pretty big one.

Hell with it I am going to enjoy the process and try to groove on being relevant again after so many years in the dark.

And to beat darlin' Phil and Kobe in such a crushing fashion is a memory I will take to my grave.

Jeb,

Ya should be interesting to watch. Oh by the way, like the shades, drop the hat!

PS Only kidding!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

There is a ton of hoop left. It will ebb and flow and one injury could change the entire landscape. I think the Celts are still in the hunt. That's good enough for me right now. Lot of smart brains on our team and they are workers.

And I think Doc is a good coach and Danny is working like a field hand every day.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum