1 game played, 2 season ending injuries

5 posters

Go down

1 game played, 2 season ending injuries Empty 1 game played, 2 season ending injuries

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 am

Lakers rookie Julius Randle will have surgery on a broken bone in his leg and most likely will miss the entire season.
It is looking like LA has a chance at keeping their 2015 1st round draft pick because they will probably be a bottom 5 team in the league.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11783195/julius-randle-los-angeles-lakers-suffers-serious-right-leg-injury-opener
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

1 game played, 2 season ending injuries Empty Re: 1 game played, 2 season ending injuries

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 am

Wow. What a horrible break (no pun intended).

Bummer, TJ.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

1 game played, 2 season ending injuries Empty Re: 1 game played, 2 season ending injuries

Post by Sam Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Sorry to hear that, TJ.  I'm sure Lakers fans were eagerly anticipating his play this season.

Your headline mentioned two season-ending injuries.  Was their another one?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:20 pm

sam wrote:Sorry to hear that, TJ.  I'm sure Lakers fans were eagerly anticipating his play this season.

Sam

Steve Nash.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 pm

tjmakz wrote:
sam wrote:Sorry to hear that, TJ.  I'm sure Lakers fans were eagerly anticipating his play this season.

Sam

Steve Nash.

TJ,

Sorry, but you're not going to get much sympathy from me because Steve Nash, who will be 41 in February, is done. If he was counted on to even be a solid rotation player, much less a starter, then that's the problem right there. He's had forks sticking out of him for years.

If Phil Pressey was out for the year would people here be bemoaning a "season ending injury"? No, because he is not expected to be an impact player either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

Sam

Steve Nash.

TJ,

Sorry, but you're not going to get much sympathy from me because Steve Nash, who will be 41 in February, is done.  If he was counted on to even be a solid rotation player, much less a starter, then that's the problem right there.  He's had forks sticking out of him for years.

If Phil Pressey was out for the year would people here be bemoaning a "season ending injury"?  No, because he is not expected to be an impact player either.

bob

I am not looking for any sympathy from anyone.
The Lakers will suck with or without Nash or Randle.
They are the worst team in the West and will probably finish close to where Milwaukee does, with only Philly as a worse team.

The Lakers easily led the league in most missed games played last year.
They will probably win that title again this year too.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:41 pm

One guy had a great line in a story today.
He said something like:
"The Lakers this season will pull off the greatest stealth tanking season in NBA history."
Kind of funny.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Even before the injury last evening I heard someone ask what will be higher.........total Laker wins or Kobe's PPG avg. Believe it might have been Barkley.......and no he didn't answer it.

If Kobe gets in the low mid 20's.......

I might have to go with that, with all the good teams out west.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:04 pm

This is a sad story. No matter who the team is, when you see talented young guys come into the league, to be taught and helped by two superstars, it is terrible to see something like this happen.

As far as Nash is concerned, he should have quit 2 years ago.
I watched him on an ESPN story say that he w,as coming back for the money. Period. That is a terrible way to go out.
He was a great player, but there comes a time.

The Lakers will make out, they will lose and get another player of Randle's ability. By then, Kobe will be on his last legs and the Lakers will make a gigantic trade for a free agent to work with these young kids.

Sad,

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Has this site already moved to daylight savings time? Seems the recent posts are in a time frame that hasn't happened yet here in the eastern time zone.

beat

after posting this I checked and yep it shows it's an hour ahead.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down