Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice.

5 posters

Go down

Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice. Empty Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice.

Post by Sam Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:03 pm

The Good News/Bad News Monster is Plaguing the Celtics again.  We hear promising injury-related stuff about Rondo and Smart, and now Thornton suffers an ankle injury.  Apparently not serious (hopefully).  A. Sherrod finally breaks some news!

Sam

Text of the article:

Thornton day-to-day after suffering sprained ankle

November 11, 2014, 4:00 pm

WALTHAM, Mass. — More bad news for Boston on the injury front with guard Marcus Thornton suffering a sprained ankle in practice on Tuesday.

The good news is his ankle injury isn't nearly as serious as the high ankle sprain suffered by Marcus Smart on Friday against Indiana.

Smart's injury will keep him sidelined for at least two weeks. Boston head coach Brad Stevens said Thornton's ankle injury isn't expected to keep him sidelined for very long.

"First look, it looks mild," Stevens said. "It'll be a day-to-day type thing, but we don't know for sure. We'll see how he feels in the morning."

Thornton has come off the bench for Boston in all six games this season, averaging 6.5 points while playing just over 13 minutes per game.

Boston will already be without Smart (high left ankle sprain) and possibly James Young.

Young left the team on Sunday due to an illness in his family. The Rochester Hills, Mich., native is scheduled to be back in town tonight. It is unclear if he will be in uniform for the Celtics after having missed the last two days of practice.

A. Sherrod Blakely serves as Comcast SportsNet's NBA Insider. Read more from Sherrod here, or follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/thornton-day-day-after-suffering-sprained-ankle
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice. Empty Re: Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice.

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Who in the world do we have doing the ankle tape? The Marquis de Sade?  Jack Kevorkian?  That Goth warrior with the double blade ax from the Molly Hatchet album covers?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice. Empty Re: Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice.

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:06 am

MOLLY HATCHET!!!!

my god.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 am

Great post, NYCelt.  Had me in stitches.  We're currently bummed because the predicted cold weather in the Northeast has forced us to cut our trip short in order to tend to all the plants (something like 100) that Sally had brought into an unheated sun room.  Your post raised my spirits.  Now I have to work on Molly—I mean Sally.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Thornton Suffers Ankle Injury in Pactice. Molly_10

kdp; Blast from the past.

Sam; you're going to need to hire a gardening staff for your new place.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:08 pm

NYCelt,

The plants aren't in the garden.  They're in the house—but an unheated part of the house.

We're also worried about the water pipes in the house we're trying to sell.

Gilda Radner was right.  It's always something!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Sam,

Are you still going through Charlotte on the way north?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Gyso, we just made a decision tonight that, due to the freeze predicted for our area, we're cutting our trip short.  Two problems.  1. Sally left about 100 plants in a sunroom of our new house that is not heated.  2. We're concerned that the pipes in the house we're trying to sell (and especially the cottage on the property) could burst.

So we'll be leaving early Friday morning and driving straight through to Wellfleet (or possibly staying over one night if we're exhausted en route.  So, yes, we'll still be going through Charlotte, but we'll be hauling butt to reach home a.s.a.p.

I hope this doesn't mess up any of your plans.  It's certainly messing up our plans.  We had hoped to spend the weekend in St. Augustine and have lunch with Sam and Gladys Jones.  I hate to miss that opportunity.  But it can't be helped.

We hope that, if our house sells, we'll be back down this way in a few months.  Maybe we can be more dependable then.

Best to Janie.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Sam,

Sorry about your lost opportunity to meet with Sam and Gladys. It's gotta be killing you!

You didn't mess up any of our plans, we just planed to be flexible and fit into your plans.

Catch you on the flip-flop!!

gyso

PS: Drive carefully, a stopover for even six hours can do wonders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Gyso,

That's what we did.  Stopped in Roanoke for almost exactly six hours.  That, plus books on tape (which we always rent from Crackerbarrel along the way) pulled us through.  That's a great program they have.  At one Crackerbarrel, pick from a very good selection of books.  They charge your credit card something like $70.  Return the book at a Crackerbarrel down the road, and they refund your credit cad $66 or $67.

We usually get two or three books at a time because we've become very particular about what will keep us awake.  Only suspense/action will do the job, and we're not interested in a lot of descriptive prose and character development.  Basically, if there isn't a murder on the first couple of pages, it's a loser.

My best friend, who's about to publish a book, says the publisher told him that, "You have to murder the sheriff on the first page to get the attention of today's suspense market."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Sam,

I didn't know about the Crackerbarrel book on tape program, that's good information.

I own close to 100 books on tape. I bought them at Mr. Paperback, mostly in the 90's. Mr. Paperback would rent them out and each time they were returned, the purchase price would decrease by the amount of the previous rental. I would wait until the purchase price was between $7 and $10 and buy it.

Most of them are on cassette, so I cannot listen to them in my wife's car (it's too new, no cassette player). My 2006 Honda CR-V has both a cassette player and a disc player, so I can listen to them all in that car.

I'm glad that you got home okay. Roanoke to your home on the Cape is still a long haul for one push.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Sam.. did ya drove through ol atlanta?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:14 am

gyso,

Actually, the trip from St. Pete Beach to Roanoke was the real bear.  Fifteen hours, and we never stopped for more than 15 minutes.  Mostly 70-75 MPH.  The rest of the trip took only 11 hours.  Mostly 65-70 hours.  M miss cassette tape players in cars.  We have loads of cassette tapes, but I now have a device that can read cassette tapes into the computer, so I should be able to convert them to CD.  Yes, the Crackerbarrel book program has been a lifesaver, as we make that Florida trip at least once a year.  We're now talking about driving cross-country  with the cats...but not any time soon.

Hooter, no, we did use the western route (I-81, I-77, etc.); but, by the time we were in Georgia, we used I-95 (past Savannah and through Jacksonville).

Despite the time involved, we really enjoy those trips with the cats.  They're great travelers, and one of them actually rides shotgun on the console between the two front seats.  I love to drive, and Sally does a great job of relieving me.  There's something about the open road, and I know part of the pleasure is that people can't get to you unless you want to answer your cell phone.  About 2:00 each afternoon, we settle on a reasonable destination for the day and book a Choice Hotel for the night.  As often as possible, we try to do so near a Crackerbarrel.  Choice Hotels dirt cheap (like a $59 senior rate), are always clean, and serve pretty good breakfasts as part of the price.  And we've used Choice points to stay free numerous times.

I hope you're enjoying Atlanta.  Sounds as though you guys are doing a lot of interesting stuff down thee.  I used to travel often to Atlanta on business, and I was stationed at Fort Benning, which is in the western part of the state, during a portion of my Army tour.

Stay well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down