Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics

4 posters

Go down

Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics Empty Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics

Post by Sam Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 am

Here’s an article that appeared in the Boston Globe a couple of days ago.  Not exactly loaded with news, and possibly more “spin” than
information about his (in)famous Boston trip.  But Love does seem intent on leaving a good impression about the City of Boston, the fans of Boston, and the Boston Celtics team and coach.  It’s his intent rather than his words that means the most to me.

Questions:

• Unlike the Boston situation, Love seems to lack any intent to pave the way for a possible relationship with the Lakers.  Am I reading too much into this?

• Does the fact that he mentions potential free agency next summer and the Celtics in the same paragraph suggest he has at least considered Boston as a long-term landing place?

Sam

Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics 0clip_image002
CELTICS BLOG
[size=57]Kevin Love Dishes on His Summer Fling With Celtics[/size]

Brian Robb
         @CelticsHub
         Boston.com Correspondent
            NOVEMBER 14, 2014 12:36 PM

Kevin Love is back in Boston, but this time he's on a business trip.

Love had the region buzzing after making a widely publicized visit to the city back in May, fueling hope that the Celtics would be able to acquire the disgruntled superstar in a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Those hopes dimmed quickly though as Timberwolves president Flip Saunders was not happy with the package of prospects and draft picks the Celtics offered in a potential deal before the NBA Draft. Instead Saunders opted to flip Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for a better deal which featured Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a future first round pick.

Love is back in town to face the Celtics tonight at the TD Garden, but the big man spoke with reporters today at the Cavs' shootaround. Here are a few highlights of the interview, including reflecting on his visit to Boston, his interaction with Rajon Rondo and what he thinks of this current Celtics team.

On meeting with Rondo at Fenway Park: “Like he said, it was all of 38 seconds or whatever the number he put on there. I saw him over the summer a couple times and said hello, but it was just in passing. He’s been great. I thought he was going to be out a little more with his hand, but he’s been able to come back and make a big presence known.

Was he surprised the trip to Boston got so much attention? “Oh sure. It’s the world we live in now though, stuff like that can happen. The fact is, my agent is a big Red Sox fan. We had been planning on that trip a long time to check out, not only the city, but a Red Sox game. We had a great time and we plan on coming back.”

Did he seriously considering joining the Celtics? “I don’t know. It’s tough because I wasn’t a free agent last summer. [I have the] potential to be a free agent this summer or next. It’s one of those things. It’s a tremendous city. People love it here. Basketball and sports in general are huge here."

On rumors he's considering opting out of his contract to join the Lakers next summer: “Going to the Lakers, no. I don’t know where someone got that."

On what he thinks of the Celtics rebuild thus far: "I think Brad Stevens is an awesome coach.  He has guys on this team that are talented.  I like (Kely) Olynyk's game, (Jared) Sullinger, Jeff Green.  I've always been a big fan of Rondo as well.  They have good guys on this team and they are going to be able to figure it out as they accumulate more talent.  Like I said, I'm a big fan of Brad Stevens and what they do here, plus they have a great fanbase."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/11/kevin_love_dishes_on_his_summer_fling_with_celtics.html
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics Empty Re: Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics

Post by k_j_88 Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Certainly an intriguing addition (if it ever does happen).

But if it does happen, hopefully the Celtics will have finally solidified the center position by then.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics Empty Re: Kevin Love on His Boston Trip and the Celtics

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:37 pm

I think he was just a guy enjoying a trip to Boston and a ball game at Fenway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Just a young guy enjoying life. I read no more into that that what it is.g Someday? Who knows, but if his intention is to go to the Lakers, why?????? Kobe is on his last legs.

Last night I listened to Chris Mannix talk about Rondo. He had
him going to LA also. What is this fascination with every free agent going to LA. I know it was a team, like the who could draw the attention of anyone who was free, because they always had an attraction. Magic, Kobe, Gasol, on and on.
Konr id on his last legs, This year and maybe next, and he will fade away, if he does not reinjure himself. Frankly, the Celtics have much more to offer a free agent.

Ramblings of a very depressed Celtic fan after losing these last three games they should have won!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Rosalie,

They say it's only a game, although I'm not completely sure of that.  Be happy about your health and the fact that the Celtics are probably ahead of the Lakers in terms of making an eventual run for their next title.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down