Perk on Rondo

2 posters

Go down

Perk on Rondo Empty Perk on Rondo

Post by Sam Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 am

Here’s an article that appeared in the Boston Globe a few days ago.  Perk seems pretty convinced that Rondo SHOULD stay in Boston, although he (perk) seems less certain that it’ll actually happen.

Questions:

• Does the fact that he’s so tight with Rondo but is expressing his own feelings more than those of Rondo suggest that Rondo Rondo is actually leaning toward leaving.

• IF the Celtics traded for Perk in the mid-season, would that (plus, say, $15 million per) be enough to persuade Rondo to stay?

Brian Robb
@BostonHub
Globe Correspondent
Nov. 14, 2014

CELTICS BLOG
[size=57]Kendrick Perkins Thinks Rondo Wants to Stay in Boston Long Term[/size]

Brian Robb
         @CelticsHub
         Boston.com Correspondent
            NOVEMBER 12, 2014 7:41 PM

Perk on Rondo Clip_image002
Barry Chin/Globe Staff

BOSTON – There are few players in the NBA that know Rajon Rondo as well as former Celtic center Kendrick Perkins. The two became close friends during the five seasons they spent playing together in green from 2006 to 2011 and remain tight to this day.
Many people have theories on what Rondo’s long-term future in Boston will be, but few people are in “the know” like Perkins is when it comes to the point guard. So when the veteran center returned to the TD Garden as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder Wednesday night, everyone listened closely when he spoke about what’s next for Boston’s star point guard.
“He should [stay],” Perkins replied when asked about Rondo’s impending free agency. “I think this is a great place for him. I think he wants to stay here. We talk on the regular. I think he should stay. If I was him, I’d stay.”
Perkins went into further detail about why he thinks Boston is the right fit for Rondo, even though he had trouble identifying some of Rondo’s teammates.
“I think it’s the perfect situation for him,” Perkins explained. “He’s got a good group of guys around him, a good young coach. It’s his team. He’s able to play the way he’s capable of playing. He’s almost averaging a triple-double.
“He’s got some good talent around him. [Jared] Sullinger, Jeff [Green], the young kid I can’t pronounce [his name] --- with the long hair though [Kelly Olynyk]. He’s got some good talent around him."
Rondo has stated repeatedly on the record that he hopes to remain in Boston when his current contract expires at the end of the season. A big factor in that equation will also be whether the Celtics can recruit additional free agents to play with Rondo and help build the team into the contender in future seasons. Perkins believes Boston’s roster is laying the groundwork for that process now.
“I’ll tell you what, the way they’ve started off this year, [next summer’s free agents] are probably looking at it because they’re playing pretty well," he said. "You look at them, they’re playing team ball, playing hard, they’ve got some nice young talent. I wouldn’t see why guys wouldn’t want to come here and play. And the city’s great.”
Time will tell whether Perkins’ beliefs will ring true in that department, but he’ll be watching the Rondo saga closely as the season continues.
"[Rondo] wants to stay; I think he should. But you never know how it’ll work out."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/11/kendrick_perkins_thinks_rondo_wants_to_stay_in_boston_long_t.html
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Perk on Rondo Empty Re: Perk on Rondo

Post by Matty Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 pm

While I'd love to see Perk back THIS season in boston and think he could insure us a spot in the playoffs I'm not sure how that helps influence Rondo decision to sign on for next year and beyond..?

Now mebbe if this summer Rondo has not yet signed bringing Perk back one way or another could influence Rondo a tiny.. tiny bit..

What i think will influence Rondo more is the millions more he can make here than elsewhere and belief enuff in the personal here to get back into title contention right away..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down