Post by swish Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Box score

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20141231/TEXMNE/

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

The James Young show Empty Re: The James Young show

Post by Sam Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Nice to see James in the habit of scoring well. That's the sign of a smooth stroke and good shot decisions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:27 pm

He certainly looks like a sniper from deep. I thought he would get some floor time with the Thornton injury.

He will get a chance at somepoint.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Young was the only Red Claw player with a negative +/-, yet he was their highest scorer.

Interesting stats: Lead Changes: 13 and Times Tied: 11. They must have been mostly in the first half and early on in the 3rd quarter when it was still a close game.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:18 am

Bored seeing all those 3's, glad hes hitting them, but could we see some semblance of a post game or creating his own shot? if thats all hes got, catch and shoot hes not ready yet.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:38 am

Cow,

His athleticism should get him a lot of baskets going to the hoop because he's a pretty good finisher. He should also be a successful wing player in transition. Not all wing players have to be great shot creators. Ray Allen comes to mind.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 am

Sam we should be so lucky if he is near Ray Allen, Ray also had great hops as a young player and could drive and dunk very well, I don't see the ball handling or slashing/finishing ability yet in Young, hope its there.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:50 am

I am very glad to see Young playing lots of minutes in Maine. These minutes are much more valuable than sitting on the Cs bench in street clothes at this point in his career.

Stevens noted during the week that his practices in Boston were also much better this week. All signs that his shoulder is at least getting much closer to 100%.

I see him staying on the Maine-Boston shuttle for a few more weeks until a trade happens and the Cs roster gets more solid. At some point in the next few weeks he will start to get some minutes in Boston and get on his way to becoming the starter that I see him becoming by next season.

The NBA has long had plenty of guys who can score although perhaps may not be complete players with strong defensive games and rebounding prowess. Young will get better at his weaknesses, he is only 19 years old, is not as strong physically as he is going to be, but he can already score the ball.

His future looks very bright to me and the Celtics seem to be bringing him along at a very sound and productive manner.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down