Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston?

4 posters

Go down

Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston? Empty Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston?

Post by Berlin-T Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 am

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
Follow

Phoenix's Shavlik Randolph has been traded to Boston, with Reggie Bullock to Phoenix, Austin Rivers to Clippers, league sources tell RealGM.
9:27 PM - 15 Jan 2015

My note

I don't know if Danny will waive him, but I hope not. His rebounding and toughness are qualities that are in short supply. I loved his game when he played here before.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston? Empty Re: Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston?

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 am

all rumors say he'll stay in green and not be waived.

did anyone see if Douglas-Roberts was send here (to be waived) in the deal?

we're down to 14 players including Randolph and Prince (for now it seems).

so Danny still has Thornton to move out I guess.

I still think Bass stays, funny the guy MOST of us thought would be the first to go might be the guy that ends up staying. Fine with me, I think Bass brings a lot to the table for this young team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston? Empty Re: Shavlik Randolph coming back to Boston?

Post by wide clyde Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:53 am

Randolph is what he is: a hard working, decent backup type player who will play hard and not cause any problems.

He is a veteran who knows his role and will likely play it out to his utmost best just like he did when he was in Boston previously.

Not a bad guy to keep around for this year, but if the team moves forward next year as we all hope, Randolph is not likely to be on the 2015-16 roster and may not even finish this season if Ainge needs him in another deal.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:16 pm

I believe that there is less than 2 months until the trading deadline.  If Randolph is to be traded, it cannot be in combination with other players going out.  That may also mean that it cannot be in combination with TPEs going out, because TPEs are considered "other salaries".

He can always be released if opportunity knocks. He "only" makes $1,227,985.

Hoopshype is already updated:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Note: Jae Crowder's QO is wrong. It is missing 1 million or so.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down