MDCelticsFan
gyso
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
8 posters

Go down

I had a nightmare Empty I had a nightmare

Post by steve3344 Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:33 am

In my nightmare we signed Rasheed Wallace for THREE YEARS.

Oh, wait. We actually did.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

I had a nightmare Empty Re: I had a nightmare

Post by steve3344 Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 am

Sheed has now played 139 minutes in his last 7 games and gotten a TOTAL of 16 rebounds.

That's like playing four straight 35 minute games and getting four rebounds each.

By the way, he's 6'11".

One other thing: since the fifth game of the season, he's 48 for 181 (a whopping 26.5%) on threes. 29.4% for the season.

He might not even match those numbers the next two years.

Last edited by steve3344 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 am

At least we don't have Raef and Blount

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:At least we don't have Raef and Blount

If it wasn't for Sheed's decent low-post defense (although the next time he delivers any weakside help will be a first), I'd almost prefer Blount. At least he could shoot. And I'd almost take the Raef that gave us 11 and 7 in 2005 to the Sheed we have now.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

I had a nightmare Empty I had a nightmare of my own...

Post by gyso Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 am

I had a nightmare of my own...

There was these geriatric doods singing "Teen-age Wasteland" on the tube, then I woke up and decided the old kids were alright.

People trying to bring us down...
Talking 'bout my generation...

There is a lesson there somewhere,

Old doods can bring it. Just not every day. Their handlers need to understand and adapt. This may be the beginning of the end for Doc if he doesn't start to dole out minutes using a thimble with the G3.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:22 am

Hopefully, it's the beginning of the end for Doc. Not to worry, his buddy Obama will appoint him Ambassador to Zamunda where he can hob nob with Prince Akeem and King Joffe Jolle!-Doc will make a movie: Coming to Zamunda! Good luck getting Eddie Murphy and James Earl Jones! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:23 am

When Doc gets canned, can we please hire Kevin McHale?-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:When Doc gets canned, can we please hire Kevin McHale?-MD.

wish we could bring back Big Al

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 am

gyso wrote:I had a nightmare of my own...

There was these geriatric doods singing "Teen-age Wasteland" on the tube, then I woke up and decided the old kids were alright.

People trying to bring us down...
Talking 'bout my generation...

There is a lesson there somewhere,

Old doods can bring it. Just not every day. Their handlers need to understand and adapt. This may be the beginning of the end for Doc if he doesn't start to dole out minutes using a thimble with the G3.

gyso

hes already burnt out Ray to some extent,this isn't the 60's when players this age could still bring it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 am

I started a thread called "The Myopia of Aging Superstars". Basically, I was saying what Steve and the rest are saying. The old guys wanted someone else they could relate to and so we got older.

Sheed is looking more and more useless every game. Painful.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

BobH,

Consider this. Could it be that Sheed is more affected by frustration than many of the Celtics. He came here for a chance to win a championship. Not once this year until yesterday did he have an opportunity to play with the team he was promised; and, even then, at least KG and Paul are obviously sub-par. Sheed has been cricitized for shooting too many threes, so he is spending more time down low lately—but it doesn't really matter in the results.

It strikes me that Sheed is not the kind of rah rah guy who would be a lightning rod for a turnaround. At this point in his career, he is more likely to coast when things are going badly and really put out when things are going well and he has a sniff of success.

If there's some plausibility to what I've said, I put Sheed in the same category as the rest of the Celtics. Let the dysfunction turn into some momentum—let frustration transform to adrenalin—and see what happens then.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Sam wrote:BobH,

Consider this. Could it be that Sheed is more affected by frustration than many of the Celtics. He came here for a chance to win a championship. Not once this year until yesterday did he have an opportunity to play with the team he was promised; and, even then, at least KG and Paul are obviously sub-par. Sheed has been cricitized for shooting too many threes, so he is spending more time down low lately—but it doesn't really matter in the results.

It strikes me that Sheed is not the kind of rah rah guy who would be a lightning rod for a turnaround. At this point in his career, he is more likely to coast when things are going badly and really put out when things are going well and he has a sniff of success.

If there's some plausibility to what I've said, I put Sheed in the same category as the rest of the Celtics. Let the dysfunction turn into some momentum—let frustration transform to adrenalin—and see what happens then.

Sam

sam,

fair enough. Let's see them kick this old bucket back into gear and then we'll see whose back on the wagon and who isn't.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't know if the Celtics will turn things around this year or slowly fall to the ground but I do know that if they turn it around all of this nabobishness of negativity will vanish faster than san francisco fog in a santa ana wind. Go Celtics. Bring home another banner.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

Thoughts on Sheed by Gerry Callahan in Tuesday's Herald:

"Ainge was universally applauded for his big offseason acquisition, but before signing Wallace to a three-year contract, perhaps the Celts GM should have asked the almost-7-footer if he planned on rebounding for his new team. Maybe they could have, you know, put some language in the contract.

Sunday against Orlando, Wallace had one rebound in 19 minutes. In 46 games, the big guy has reached double figures in rebounds twice. He is averaging 4.2 boards a game, fewer than Rajon Rondo. Wallace actually has more attempted 3-pointers per game (4.7) than rebounds. That’s a problem.

He is shooting just 29 percent from long range, but shows no reluctance to continue launching from long range. Watching Wallace on a nightly basis, you get the feeling he’s thinking: I’m old (35), I’m underpaid ($5.8 million this year), I’ll play however the hell I want. Not exactly a convert to the old church of Ubuntu."

To Callahan's words, I say Amen.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 am

Sheed has certainly been disappointing this season, but I'm hoping Sam is right and he actually has more left in the tank than he has showed. We're still better off with Sheed than Mikki Moore! And in light of Glen's injury and the loss of Powe, plus Sheldon's butter-fingers, I'm glad we have him. I probably won't be so glad next year and the year after, but who knows, maybe he'll retire early!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum