BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES

4 posters

Go down

BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES Empty BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 am

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2015/01/16/brad-stevens-credits-gerald-wallace-for-team-chemistry-amidst-trades-two-newcomers-to-be-added-on-road-trip/

BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES; TWO NEWCOMERS TO BE ADDED ON ROAD TRIP
01.16.15 at 7:27 pm ET
By Julian Edlow

The Celtics have now made nine trades on the season, four of them coming in just the last week. Brad Stevens has joked that he asks Danny Ainge to e-mail him the roster every morning just so he knows who he will be coaching. Evan Turner, who enjoys a good laugh, claimed that the C’s had to take attendance at practice this week to make sure all were accounted for. Bodies are flying in and out of the locker room. Stevens informed the media on Friday that the team will be joined in Los Angeles this weekend by both Tayshaun Prince and Shavlik Randolph.

But all kidding aside, Boston’s young coach feels as though 16-year veteran Gerald Wallace is as important as anyone throughout all the changes.

“I’m not too worried about chemistry in the locker room, and large credit for that goes to Gerald Wallace,” Stevens told reporters prior to Friday’s home game against the Bulls. “Because of the way he, at his age, has accepted his role and how he talks to the young guys. It kind of makes everybody else say ‘I’m going to do what I can the right way every time.’ So I give him a lot of credit for that.”

Wallace is in a unique situation. The former All-Star is not in the C’s rotation at the moment, and when he is he plays minimal minutes, yet is still expected to lead. Not only by his coach, but by his young teammates.

“It’s a challenge for sure,” Jae Crowder admitted after Thursday’s practice about the team’s ability to remain focused. “I think that’s when guys like Gerald Wallace have to step up.”

Turner goes as far as to refer to Wallace as “uncle”, although he couldn’t resist taking a shot at his elder: “You got two types of uncles, there’s the cool ones and the ones that don’t want to be bothered, and he’s the latter.”

So the next time you see a shot of Wallace sitting on the C’s bench, remember that his role is not quite that simple. “G”, as he’s known around the league, is looked up to by Boston’s youthful locker room. That makes him a key contributor to this rebuild simply by example.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES Empty Re: BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES

Post by Sam Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:48 am

Good for Gerald. Making the best of a difficult situation. Of course, it's got to be a little easier when you're making millions of dollars for practicing and sitting on the bench.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES Empty Re: BRAD STEVENS CREDITS GERALD WALLACE FOR TEAM CHEMISTRY AMIDST TRADES

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:45 pm

I have to say that even though I am one who was harping on getting rid of Wallace, I am impressed with the way he has handled himself through all of this. In his own way he has to realize that his skills have eroded, but the brain is still there.
It is wonderful that he hasn't proved to be a disgruntled play and has embraced his role. He is a high priced asst coach without a title!

Thank you to him for being a true Celtic

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Sam,

It is not Wallace's fault that he is so vastly overpaid. We would all, I am sure, have signed the contract that he was offered. I certainly know that I would have. His yearly salary is over 8M more than I made in 36 total years of teaching high school kids.

Give the guy some credit for handling such a 'tough' situation so well. Thanks, Rosalie

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:40 am

Yeah, Clyde, but look at all the perks you got. Sleeping late in the mornings; lack of stress on the job; freedom from politics in the workplace; fascinating opportunities to observe teenage sociology in action; etc., etc., etc.

I have to salute anyone who has ever been a teacher. And anyone who has taught at the high school level gets two extra salutes.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down